what package contains LATEXFILE ?

Post by Griff Miller I » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:36:38

# rpm -ivh kernel-doc-2.4.5-pre1_0c.ppc.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        LATEXFILE is needed by kernel-doc-2.4.5-pre1_0c

Anybody know? I have*itself installed.

# rpm -qa |grep -i tex
textutils-2.0-2
gettext-0.10.35-13
tetex-dvilj-1.0.6-11a
tetex-xdvi-1.0.6-11a
tetex-afm-1.0.6-11a
tetex-dvips-1.0.6-11a
tetex-1.0.6-11a
tetex-fonts-1.0.6-11a
tetex-latex-1.0.6-11a

Email cc's appreciated.

--
Griff Miller II
Manager of Information Technology

what package contains LATEXFILE ?

Post by Martin Costabe » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 04:03:28

None. This pseudo-dependency comes from a too smart dependency detection
script in rpm*). You can safely ignore it, that is use rpm -ivh --nodeps.

*) AFAICT, the culprit is the script that checks all the first lines of
any executable script in the package, thinks that it will find a path to
a shell there, and puts what it finds into the dependency list. It
should ignore Makefiles, but apparently doesn't. So when it sees the
first line in Documentation/cdrom/Makefile, which is

LATEXFILE = cdrom-standard

it creates a dependency on LATEXFILE, which is braindead, of course.

Whoever compiled this RPM (Kaoru?) should probably update his version of
rpm, or patch the file /usr/lib/rpm/find-requires so that it doesn't
place Makefiles into its scriptlist.

--
Martin

> # rpm -ivh kernel-doc-2.4.5-pre1_0c.ppc.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         LATEXFILE is needed by kernel-doc-2.4.5-pre1_0c

> Anybody know? I have*itself installed.

what package contains LATEXFILE ?

Post by Anders Baden Niels » Thu, 28 Jun 2001 06:25:15

Quote:> # rpm -ivh kernel-doc-2.4.5-pre1_0c.ppc.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         LATEXFILE is needed by kernel-doc-2.4.5-pre1_0c

> Anybody know? I have*itself installed.

> # rpm -qa |grep -i tex
> textutils-2.0-2
> gettext-0.10.35-13
> tetex-dvilj-1.0.6-11a
> tetex-xdvi-1.0.6-11a
> tetex-afm-1.0.6-11a
> tetex-dvips-1.0.6-11a
> tetex-1.0.6-11a
> tetex-fonts-1.0.6-11a
> tetex-latex-1.0.6-11a

> Email cc's appreciated.

Hi,

You can use <http://www.veryComputer.com/; to find out
which package contains a certain file.
--
Regards

Anders Baden Nielsen
www: http://www.veryComputer.com/ - KoRn, Deftones, LinuxPPC...

ICQ#: 32984804 (<=-frEak oN a leaSh>)
-------------------------------------
Bartender, I'd like whatever the man on the floor was drinking

1. Which package contains mkimage?

Which package contains "mkimage"?  I picked up an executable from
the SLS distribution because I remembered that it went into /usr/dll
but I don't have man pages or source.  mkimage is used extensively
in XFree86.  It looks like it might be useful for other large
libraries - if I can just find the documentation.

Ed Clarke

2. John Doe and Linux (Re: Linux vs FreeBSD)

3. package containing login used in SLS?

4. gcc 2.8.1 and GNAT

5. Listing files contained within a package?

6. Linux Info?

7. Anyone know what Debian packages contains "mkfontdir"?

8. I have a cable modem and want both my machines on the web

9. Which Redhat RPM package contains telnet, ftp??

10. What debian package contains fdformat?

11. What package contains stdio.h?

12. word2x - which package contains iostream.h

13. XFree86-4.2.0 package does not contain ATI Mach64 "driver"?