identd help please!!!

Post by d » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

i have installed the rpm for pidentd on my 7200/75, and have port 113
mapped to it from my router.

edited inetd.conf to:

ident stream tcp nowait root /usr/etc/in.identd -i

i have also tried switching root for sys, with no luck. and changed -i to
-w -t180... no dice.

i'm wondering what the significance of the wait and nowait, and which user
is in the parameter.

any advice!? miracle cures!? thanks!!!

dm, dan[at]mjts.com

1. identd service enabled in X system config, identd loaded at boot, but no identd -- help

I have identd enabled from the system configuration services applet in X.  It starts up everytime on bootup but everytime
I get on irc there is no signs of identd working.  I assume this is a firewall issue and i'm totally lost when it comes to
the linux firewall.  I had selected medium security at install of 7.3.

thank you

2. XFree, Geforce 4, "nv" driver and weird dots

3. Identd Server help please

4. 2.5.38 s390 fixes: 06_xpram.

5. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

6. Using a modem and phone pairs

8. sched.c and load average

9. NFS please help me please please please sniff

10. POP3 AND IDENTD (please reply via e-mail)

11. PLEASE HELP ME WITH SAMBA ??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ????

12. Set-up woes, please, please, please help :(