Lite or Live?

Post by David Augsburge » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I can't seem to find Linux Lite annywhere - Has it been remooved? If not
> please give me an url.

Is this it:

ftp://mirror.linuxppc.org//linuxppc/ftp.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-lite/insta
ll/

Cheers,  David

______    ______________ c me 4 movies _________________
            \   DAVID AUGSBURGER                        edit e-mail address
  OO.
  L_K         <http://www.cinema-sites.com>

Lite or Live?

Post by Morten Reippuert Knuds » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have previusly tried out LinuxPPC,the feburary release from 98, but i
sacked it because of the following reasons:

Lack of PPP suport in the kernel.
Lack of harddisk booting on my G3.
Lack of graphics-card support on my G3.
Messing arround in Openfirmware to choose between MacOS and Linux at
every startup.

Since these things seems to be fixed, i will give it another try.
Hoverver, i have a few questions - I've allready downloaded Linux Live
and it seems to work just fine, but i'd like to get Linux Lite instead.
Live doesent seem to be able to store my preferences in either Netscape
or KPPP, and perhaps i'd like to ad a few things - Is there a work
arround for that.

I can't seem to find Linux Lite annywhere - Has it been remooved? If not
please give me an url.

What's the root password for the Live instaltion? It seems to be
neccesary to login as SU.

--
venlig hilsen Morten Reippuert Knudsen

motto: Rigtige m?nd tager ikke backup!

Lite or Live?

Post by Mark Caule » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I've just recently installed Live on my G3 (desktop 233/ 32mb).  I want to
see it before I go to the trouble of re-partitioning my hard drive.  When I
lauch Linux, i get "unable to hold/lock memory" errors.  Any idea what i'm
doing wrong?  Thx  Mark Cauley

Quote:> I have previusly tried out LinuxPPC,the feburary release from 98, but i