MKLInux hangs during boot

Post by Simon Jensen-Fellow » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello

I've been using MKLInu,x update 6 for a while with one small problem:
occasionally when emacs (under X) issues a 'beep' the machine hangs.
The last time this happened, MKLinux would no longer boot. It gets as
far as "INIT: Entering runlevel: 3" and then it just sits there.

If any one has a clue beyond reinstalling the whole shebang, I'd be
very grateful.

-Simon

MKLInux hangs during boot

Post by Luca BOTTUR » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I do not know how to re-install the system, but I know that update 6 has
a bug named "too many whoops". The server is known to hang after several
beeps. You should update to (at least) wip 971117 to get rid of this
bug, if you ever manage to come up again with your system

Luca

> Hello

> I've been using MKLInu,x update 6 for a while with one small problem:
> occasionally when emacs (under X) issues a 'beep' the machine hangs.
> The last time this happened, MKLinux would no longer boot. It gets as
> far as "INIT: Entering runlevel: 3" and then it just sits there.

> If any one has a clue beyond reinstalling the whole shebang, I'd be
> very grateful.

> -Simon

1. Installation; problem at MKlinux /MacOS splash screen, after I choose Mklinux system hangs.

Help

I have a Performa 6116CD, with a 601 chip, 700 MB HDD, and 24 MB of
RAM.

Previously, I was able to get the MKlinux DR3 install CD to boot but
since re-partitioning, initializing, and reinstalling MacOs 8 in one
of the 4 HFS partitions I created,  I can't get the DR3 CD to boot (in
order to do an installation);  however, I can still get the MacOs 8
partition to boot.

After I choose MKlinux at the MKlinux/MacOS splash screen, the system
hangs with the message booting the system.  It appears that it can't
find or load the image from the DR3 CD.  Is this what's happening?

What should I do now?  What is the problem, the drivers?  Are there
any utilities I need?  Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks!

Paul

2. Async IO

3. RH 8.0 hangs during installation of packages and during installation.

4. AIX crash debug

5. HELP!! Linux Hangs during boot

6. Slackware bootdisk w/support for 3 or 4 IDE HDs?

7. PROBLEM: 2.4.21 ICH5 SATA related hang during boot

8. BSD to Solaris Migration Path or Plan

9. Silvernode hangs during boot

10. Hang during boot... please help?

11. RedHate 7.3 hangs during boot

12. "Hanging" on detecting SCSI during boot.

13. Hang during boot at "Finding Module Dependencies"