1. Ooops on 2.2.18...
I misconfigured my Linux 2.2.18 kernel: forgot to include the network
device, which is kind of essential for a machine with nfs-root.....
So it just sat there waiting for the root floppy... Then I recompiled
my kernel, but when I came back to the console I saw:
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077
scsi : 0 hosts.
scsi : detected total.
IP-Config: No network devices available
Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
(Warning, this kernel has no ramdisk support)
VFS: Insert root floppy and press ENTER
end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 0
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000008
current->tss.cr3 = 00101000, %cr3 = 00101000
If someone has some desire to fix something, you can try to find/fix
The recompile of course overwrote the symbol table from the kernel
that I was running...
*-- BitWizard writes Linux device drivers for any device you may have! --*
* There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots.
* There are also old, bald pilots.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
2. Taylor UUCP Packet Size
3. 2.2.18-modules belonging?
4. 2.4.19pre4 preempt: BUG: kunmap while in_interrupt()
5. Enabling Firewall on Redhat 9 (with 2.2.18) ?
6. CD-ROM LCDM-200 IDE Problem
7. Mixing UDMA33/66 drives, VIA IDE, Linux 2.2.18
8. Help with 2.4 upgrade
9. PROBLEM: DHCP doesn't work in 2.2.18?
10. 2.2.18 + Scheduling in interrupt
11. kernel 2.2.18 compile fails on slackware
12. KERNEL PANIC in 2.2.17 and 2.2.18
13. Big trouble trying to compile a 2.2.18 kernel