Can't change video resolution in KDE

Post by Guillaume Marca » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Hello:

> I'm having trouble changing video resolution for use in KDE (linuxppc,
> Motorola Starmax 3000).

> I edited my rc file so that KDE did not load on boot, logged in, and used
> vmode to change the resolution.  The resolution changed and my console screen
> reflected it, but when I did startx, KDE launched in 640X480 (I had set a
> higher resolution).

  Try : startx -- -mode 15 -depth 16

  Gus.

1. Can't change video resolutions for 3D Blaster Banshee Video Card

Does anyone know how I can change the resolution of my 3D Blaster
Banshee Video Card in Linux? I've been struggling with this problem for
a while now. The resolution by default was set very high after I
downloaded the 3D Blaster Banshee Linux Driver from Creative
(XF_Banshee_1.01.tar.gz.
    I already tried to run Xconfigurator but my video card was not in
the list so I chose the Unlisted Option. However, I could find the
chipset that I have in the next list which is the Banshee Chipset. Now
that I was unable to find the proper hardware that I had in
Xconfigurator I'm unable to proceed to change resolutions.
    I called Linux support but they weren't much help and I just found
out that Creative does not support this driver. If anyone here has had
the same problem and has resolved it, please contact me. I really want
to know how I can solve this.

Thanks for Reading

2. RH6.1 install problem, no NIC questions asked

3. Can't change screen resolution in X4.0.3 with kde 2.1.1

4. Windows by Day, Linux by Night

5. Can't change resolution in KDE

6. Firewall with talk/x-connections

7. Can't change video res in kde

8. address probelms running apache.

9. KDE video resolution.. help!

10. GNOME & KDE Video Resolution Questions

12. Redhat 5.2 + kde- won't let me change to 'kwm'

13. KDE Video Resolution problem solved!!