MacAlly 2-button ADB mouse

Post by Andrew J. Bre » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Does anybody know whether it works with Linux?

--
Fan of Woody Allen
PowerPC User

MacAlly 2-button ADB mouse

Post by Craig Wayso » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have a MacAlly 2 button mouse running under LinuxPPC 2000 and it was
recognized with no configuring necessary.  In the installation process it
was set up properly.

Post by David Marti » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> Does anybody know whether it works with Linux?

> --
> Fan of Woody Allen
> PowerPC User
> Supporter of Pepperoni Pizza

Never tried one myself, but there is code in the kernel adb keyboard and
mouse drivers (2.2 stable tree) to support it.  Whether it works or not
is another question entirely.....

1. The infamous MacAlly 2-button ADB mouse

I just got a MacAlly 2 button ADB mouse. The left button works, and
the right one doesn't do squat. I've read all over the place that I'm
supposed to do mousemode 3 66 to make all my problems disappear. But
this command doesn't work: the mouse rejects the handler change. I've
tried it using Apple's ADB Parser utility, too: set register 3 of
device 3 to 0x2342. Then ask it to spew back register 3, and, lo and
behold, it's still using whatever handler it was before. I seemingly
can assign it handlers 1, 2, or 4, but none of these let me use the
right button. Any ideas?
-Nathan

2. unexpected blocking of system call

3. Macally 2-button mouse and Xpmac

4. Oh where oh where is the GUI rpm installer in RH 9?

5. macally two-button adb mouse + yellowdog: how ?

6. those #$%^%$* key clicks!!!!

7. Kensington 2-button ADB mouse and R5

8. Laptop chipset not working w/X11

9. Can 2-button mouse do 3-button mouse works?

10. Using middle button on 2-button mouse

11. Can 2-button Mouse work as 3-Buttons??

12. : 2-button vs 3-button mouse

13. Combining 2-button trackball with 3-button mouse