LinuxPPC 2000 Lite x-install crash

Post by jamesbfi.. » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have burned and booted from a cd and have mounted
and formatted my partitions but the installer
freezes and dies when the packages are being
installed. I reformatted and tried again and the
installer crashed a second time while the
Ghostscript fonts package was being installed.

This is on rev 1 B&W G3 with 256K Ram and a 4 gig
IDE drive dedicated to LinuxPPC.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James Field

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. mac on linux problem in linuxppc 2000 Lite on an imac

I was getting the a different error trying to get MOL to work yesterday,
but I just received my CD  and I re-installed.

I now have the exact same error as you and I am using the same version
of the kernel. If I figure it out, I'll pass on the info, but as I am
still a newbie with most things in Linux, I am hoping (like you) that
someone can shed some light on this.

Please keep me informed if you find an answer to this.

Gervais

2. Linux virus?

3. Ethernet on a Powerbook G3 / LinuxPPC 2000 Lite

5. LinuxPPC 2000 Lite and video accel

6. <question> About SUID scripts...

7. LinuxPPC 2000 Lite

8. risc 6000 chip

9. LinuxPPC 2000 Lite doesn't see my SCSI disk!

10. LinuxPPC 2000 & PowerBook 2000

11. LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 on a 2000 Firewire Powerbook

12. LinuxPPC 2000 on a PowerBook 2000

13. Full LinuxPPC 2000 at ftp.linuxppc.org ??