3rd-party video support?

Post by Jefferson Provo » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Can some one tell me, or point me to a resource to tell me, what 3rd
party video cards are supported by LinuxPPC and MkLinux?  (I assume
the lists are different)   Here's my situation:

I have a PowerCenter 150, and the on-board video is extremely flaky.
I haven't been able to figure out the problem, but while
troubleshooting I typically am able to get it working after plugging
and unplugging things a few times, it then works for a few days, then
dies again.  I'm thinking it might be a cracked solder joint on the
board, since it seems that the only things supporting the video plug
are the copper leads that connect the circuit.

Anyway, I've decided just to buy a video card and be done with it.
But I want to run linux on my machine eventually (hopefully soon,
probably next semester).  I don't particularly care if I run MkLinux
or LinuxPPC, since raw performance isn't that important to me, but
before I buy a video card, I want to make sure that it's supported by
one or the other.

much obliged for any info,
J.

3rd-party video support?

Post by Brandon Campbe » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Can some one tell me, or point me to a resource to tell me, what 3rd
> party video cards are supported by LinuxPPC and MkLinux?  (I assume
> the lists are different)   Here's my situation:

From what I've read, LinuxPPC has the edge in this matter.  It supports my
ATI Xclaim VR and most (or all?) other ATI cards, and I've heard also the
IMS Twin Turbo.

--
Brandon Wayne Campbell

http://people.unt.edu/~brandonc/

1. Apache 3rd-Party Technical Support

We are evaluating the feasibility of replacing OAS with Apache as our
web server, running side by side with Oracle Developer Server. The
concern from the highup is, who can provide us reliable technical
support for Apache.

I've heard there are some 3rd-party companies providing support for
Apache. Could somebody give me references?

Regards,
Susan P

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. X window problem

3. PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

4. Maxi Studio Sound Card

5. HP-UX 9.x 3rd-party backup software

6. Sound problems

7. Solaris/x86 features/3rd-party software questions

8. Linux on Fujitsu Lifebook 200 Series

9. 3rd-party sources: bleat for help (FAQ list?)

10. 3rd-party peripherals (disk) for RS/6000's

11. MkLinux and 3rd party NuBus video cards?

12. 2.5.43 cciss, retry 3rd-party aborted commands

13. Ultra5 3rd party video card?