Why do I get "Comps file is not version 0 as expected "

Post by Mitchell & Rebecca Ayer » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Why do I get "Comps file is not version 0 as expected "

I looked on the MKLInux Web sit and this is listed as one of the top
problems but does not have a solution.

My Specs are:
Performa 6115CD
24 mg RAM

Internal Drive
    40 Meg  HFS   Partition
    100 Meg root  partition
    150 meg /usr  partition
    15  meg /var  partition
    10  meg /home partition
 +/-32.7meg /swap partition

External Drive
    2   gig  HFS  partition

Any help would be appreciated

Post by Earthlin » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Why do I get "Comps file is not version 0 as expected "

I can't find an answer for this anywhere.

If the answer is somewhere, please point me in the right direction.

Why do I get "Comps file is not version 0 as expected "

Post by Phil Smit » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

A guess: you downloaded the file and somehow it got a resource fork -
possibly for an icon - and that's what's being read. Try removing the
resource fork with resedit.

Phil

Post by <eszt.. » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

> A guess: you downloaded the file and somehow it got a resource fork -
> possibly for an icon - and that's what's being read. Try removing the
> resource fork with resedit.

Another guess: the file is in MacOS text format, not in unix format.

Ansgar

1. Install error: "comps file is not version 0 as expected"

Hey all-

I'm trying to install Linux off of a Zip disk, onto my main HD.  I've
partitioned everything properly, but the installer gives me the error:

"comps file is not version 0 as expected"

before it begins to install.  After the error, I'm prompted to select my
packages, and the installer seems to work, but right after the part where
I'm told where the install log will be stored, the installer poops out and
forces itself to quit.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Miguel

2. okidata 6e led printer

3. Q: Why am I getting "Sorry - PPP is not available on this system"?????

4. Forwarding with multiple ethernet cards

5. startx returns errors "Not a declared device" or "Chipset string expected"

6. dosdir,doswrite, and dosdir

7. redhat-5.1 "comps file is not version 0" error

8. PPP - asppp.log

9. Expect/Tcl Problem - "scripts expect Tcl version..."

10. Why am I getting "ILLEGAL PORT COMMAND" messages?

11. Why am I getting "ether: unknown host"?

13. Why it's call "Linux" and not "GNU/Linux"