XF86+Truetype for PPC?

Post by Andrew Chadwic » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Is anyone aware of an xfs PPC binary which can serve Truetype fonts?
Such things exist in the X86 world
[http://lwn.net/1999/0121/truetypeX.html,
http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/jec/programs/xfsft/], based on Freetype
[http://www.freetype.org/].

        Andrew

1. PPC + XF86 4.1 Crashing

I have a Powerstack PPC machine running Debian 2.213 and Xfree86 4.1. The
machine has a cirrus logic video card which doesnt appear to have driver
support under X on the PPC so I am trying to use the generic Vga driver.
I am only loading extmod, dbe and v4l in the modules section and have set
the screen settings to 8bit and 640x480.

When I run startx the machine completely freezes with a blank screen and
has to be rebooted. I checked the X logs and they dont show anything wrong
(I can post them if necessary).

Does anybody know what causes this or had similar experiences?
Thanks in advance
Ryan

--
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
(Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amterdam

2. Effect of cache: PPro 166, 512K

3. Imagine 128S2 and XF86 Server 3.3.6/PPC

4. Movie Player

5. Fixing Old PPC G3 with Latest Release of PPC Linux

6. pushd and popd in bash

7. Automatic reboot on PPC (was: Re: Two issues with 2.4.18pre3 on PPC)

8. disksuite and dual attached multipak?

9. Linux PPC with an Amiga PPC Board

10. PPC Linux doomed as Motorola End Dates PPC Line

11. Q: >8 bpp in XF86 3.1 or XF86 3.1.1?

12. XF86 on Sony Vaio F650 Laptop w/ RH7.0 (XF86 4.0.1a)

13. Install new TrueType fonts on Debian....