3dfx cards

Post by wormwoo » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I got a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI that works great on my
8500/120 upgraded to a G3/300, but in linux
the video with that card is extremely slow.

Is there any way to port the 3dfx stuff in XFree86?

Any other suggestions?

3dfx cards

Post by Michael Schmit » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> I got a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI that works great on my
> 8500/120 upgraded to a G3/300, but in linux
> the video with that card is extremely slow.

> Is there any way to port the 3dfx stuff in XFree86?

Which driver would that be, in XFree 4.0?

        Michael

1. FYI - FreeBSD and 3dfx cards...

Hi -
        Awhile ago I was trying to find out if FreeBSD would work with
3dfx cards, but I couldn't find any clear cut answers, some clues, but
nothing solid. Maybe I just missed it, anyway... for the record:

I have a 2.2.8 installed and running just fine with a Creative Labs
Voodoo2 PCI card.  This card is 3D only -- NOT a Banshee.  My existing 2D
card is an ATI AGP card.

FreeBSD works fine (console and X).  So does Win98 (and yes, it's *only*
for games :)

What I gleaned was this:

- 3dfx Banshee cards will not work since FreeBSD doesn't support that
chipset (because the specs haven't been released). (as of 1/4/99)

- If you have a setup like mine, and you're not doing 3D stuff, then the
3D card just passes the info right on to the monitor without doing
anything.

Keywords that I searched for, for everyone else: voodoo, banshee, monster,
creative labs, diamond, 3dfx, glide

-philip

--
Philip Hallstrom

425.649.9800 x5738

2. switch media type

3. 3Dfx Card v. LinuxPPC v4

4. URGENT: PLIP: OS/2-compatible?

5. Help!! setting up 3dfx card

6. Printing Options

7. 3dfx card and linux

8. Experience with Philips PM3551 Logic analyzer ?

9. What 3Dfx card is best used with Red Hat 5.2?

10. 3DFX Card?

11. Good 3dfx card for Linux

12. STB VELOCITY 128 with 3DFX card in LINUX system?

13. 3dfx cards ????