HFS volume becomes HFS+ volume after running Darwin

HFS volume becomes HFS+ volume after running Darwin

Post by <em.. » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 04:00:00

After installation of Darwin on my Power Computing Powercenter Pro 210
MHz and running it for th  e first time, one of my HFS volumes got
corrupted.

I tried to fix it with Norton Utilies 5.02 and now it's a HFS+
partition. All applications give a -199 error when run: the resource
forks are damaged.

The strangest thing is that when I run SoftRaid 2.22 it says that the
disk is still a HFS disk, but when i do Get Info I it says Mac OS
Extended.

Technical Information:
- 1 Adaptec 2940UW flashed to Powerdomain 2940UW for the mac.
- The volume that is now Extended resides on the adaptec SCSI bus.

- The volume where Darwin is installed on (HFS+) is attached to the
internal SCSI Bus.

How do I get my Extended volume back to the old HFS volume and fix the
now broken applications?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

HFS volume becomes HFS+ volume after running Darwin

Post by Charles Eiche » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>After installation of Darwin on my Power Computing Powercenter Pro 210
>MHz and running it for th  e first time, one of my HFS volumes got
>corrupted.

Corrupted in what way? Did it just become invisible? Alsoft released a util to
fix this problem.

Quote:>I tried to fix it with Norton Utilies 5.02 and now it's a HFS+
>partition. All applications give a -199 error when run: the resource
>forks are damaged.

Well, that was a really stupid thing to do. Symantec recently released a Norton
Utilities 6.0b45 Public Beta that is specifically targeted at compatibility with
MacOS X (or Darwin).

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/misc/americas/sabu/NUM_Online_b45.hqx

But its too late now, you're screwed.

1. Getting an HFS volume's name?

Hi,

Is there a way that I can get an HFS volume's name by using one command on
the command line?  I need this output to be piped into a program, so I can't
just type 'hfs /dev/hda9' and read what it says...

Are there some C headers I can look into if I need to build my own app?  Any
examples of use?

Thanks,
-- Chris

2. Picobsd router broken on 3.4R cdrom set

3. changing permissions on mounted hfs volume..

4. Automounter

5. mount hfs volume?

6. HTML with gifs to PDF ??

7. Natatalk and HFS volume names?

8. login/password

9. mounting hfs volumes

10. HFS volumes under YDL3

11. mkisofs of HFS volume loses information

12. HFS+ + MkLinux Booter = unmounted volumes

13. Mounting HFS volumes