Booting Debian 2.2 on PowerMac 6500 ?

Post by Michal P » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 23:23:53

Hello,

My name's Michael and I would like You to answer me this question:

How can I boot my PowerMac 6500 / 200 Mhz ?

It is known as Oldworld Mac I guess and the only way to do this is to use
miBoot from BootX or Quik from Linux. I can boot my Debian through those two
ways.

I guess to use miBoot I need hfs partition.

I know that my OF is somehow corrupted, becuase I can't enter through
Option-Command-O-F keys, the screen is blank, nvsetenv doesn't work too, I
tried but the same thing happend.

I have linux on first internal HDD which is 1 GB.

I can partiotion it and reinstall at any time.

Just tell me the damn solution how to boot this machine from first HDD
without touching OF.

Thanks in advance.

Booting Debian 2.2 on PowerMac 6500 ?

Post by Paul J. Luca » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 23:29:50

Quote:>How can I boot my PowerMac 6500 / 200 Mhz ?
>It is known as Oldworld Mac I guess and the only way to do this is to use
>miBoot from BootX or Quik from Linux. I can boot my Debian through those two
>ways.

        I use BootX by itself and it works fine.

        - Paul

Post by Blas » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:38:25

> >How can I boot my PowerMac 6500 / 200 Mhz ?

> >It is known as Oldworld Mac I guess and the only way to do this is to use
> >miBoot from BootX or Quik from Linux. I can boot my Debian through those two
> >ways.

>         I use BootX by itself and it works fine.

>         - Paul

I quit using Debian. I installed it and could never get X to start, no
matter what I screwed around with.

If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some
influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.

1. PowerMac 7200 and Debian 2.2 - system doesn't boot!

Hi,
I have a PowerMac 7200/90.
I set up BootX on MacOS, and booted the Debian install program from there.

I deleted MacOS partitions, and set up '/' and swap Linux partitions.

Everything worked nicely during setup. I even didn't install from CD - I
used HTTP, so I guess my network adaptor is OK :-)

When Debian install was finished, it rebooted my computer, but the system
wouldn't start.
What did I do wrong?

TIA,
Mikael Bak

2. Help with a Linux Boot disk

3. LinuxPPC 2000 & Powermac 6500 Network Problems

4. Networking performance problem

5. Powermac 6500 Ethernet Recommendations

6. 3D Graphics Speed in Linux

7. PowerMac 6500/300

8. mount -t nfs vs. amd

9. Opinions on PowerMac 6500

10. PowerMac 6500 configuration

11. PowerMac 6500/300 Internal Modem

12. Powermac 6500 Geoport Modem Question

13. PowerMac 7200 + Debian 2.2 again...