problem installing macutils

Post by Claudio Sanche » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I am installing LinuxPPC over MkLinux. I can't seem to install the
macutils rpm,
though, because I'm still a clueless newbie. Hopefully one of you wise
old
UNIX gurus can tell me what I'm doing wrong here:

package macutils-2.0b3-6b is already installed
error: macutils-2.0b3-6b.ppc.rpm cannot be installed

Now, the installation help page at www.linuxppc.org says that macutils
gives
access to several useful Mac commands [macos, fdeject, nvsetenv, etc]
but when
I try any of these commands, I'm told "command not found".  So the
macutils
isn't installed correctly, if at all, right?  So I boldly try this after

scanning "man rpm"...

package macutils-2.0b3-6b.ppc.rpm is not installed

Something funny is going on here.  My next vain attempt to make this
work is
this, resulting in the drive spinning for a few seconds, then nothing.

Arrgh!  What am I doing wrong here?  How do install this thing, and how
do I
know if its *really* there?  Thanks in advance.
--Claudio

[remove the obvious spam-away in e-mail to reply]

1. Helper wanted to compile macutils on Solaris 2.3

Hi Solaris gurus!

I'm looking for someone to help me compile a series of mac
utilities under Solaris 5.3 (SunOS 5.3).  (I got the source code
from the net).  I suspect that they will compile under SunOS
4.3.1 (etc).

The main problem seems to be an undefined symbol DIRSIZ, and a
missing <sys/dir.h> include file, but there are also heaps of
warnings too, with some of them looking a bit of a worry :)

If anyone can help, then I'd be most grateful.

(I can supply the output from "make -k" if desired).

Many thanks.

Cheers
Tony
                                                             \\|//
                                                             (O-O)
  -------------------------------------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo-----
     Tony Nugent  Griffith University, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

2. How to upgrade from 1.3.6 to 1.3.9 Apache

3. how to use macutils?!?!

4. Properly [u]mounting NFS directories

5. Binhex (macutils) a directory

6. How to configure for more than one isp connection on a single box.

7. Problems installing by CDROM/Problems installing by DOS partition

8. MDL 8.2/PPC can't find root when I boot withXboot help Please

9. install RH 6.2 over RH 7.0, install problem

10. Redhat 5.0 install problem, Error occurred while installing bootloader

11. problems with Mandrake Linux install on a sony 505F laptop - PCMCIA card install issue

12. problems, if installing linux if there is a Win NT4 is already installed?

13. problem installing redhat 5.1 - error in script (RPM) reported during install