Getting rid of the DPMS Message on KDE startup

Getting rid of the DPMS Message on KDE startup

Post by Patrick Pritcha » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 12:24:49

Hi.

Is there any way to elminate the "Sorry, your system lacks DPMS
support" message that occurs when KDE starts up?  It's a minor
annoyance, but I'd like to get rid of it if I can.

-patrick

Post by Patrick Pritcha » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:21:11

>if you have an ~/.xsession file, you can just make an entry that goes
>/usr/X11R6/bin/xset -dpms
>just make sure the path is valid on your install

>if you need to make the file, you need to make it chmod 744

thanks!

1. Getting rid of start-up applets manually?

I have a an applet that upon start-up just freezes.  I can't seem to get
rid of it from the start-up.  Is there a place I can get rid of it in the
.kde directory?  I've tried erasing .kde/share/config/kmixrc (which is the
applet that is not working) but it still tries to load when I restart.

BTW- I am using kde2.

2. Apache 1.3.9, mod_php, scripted compile fails

3. Getting rid of the Templates and Startup icons

4. IOMEGA

5. getting rid of 'Lame server on ...' messages

6. solstice AdminSuite on Solaris 8 ??

7. Getting rid of the FreeBSD Copyright Message when user logs in

8. glibc install problem

9. Getting rid of DHCLIENT-Messages

10. Getting rid of broadcast messages from root

11. Getting rid of error messages

12. Getting rid of messages.

13. Getting rid of named status messages?