osxnewsreader

Post by IceT » Tue, 31 Oct 2000 02:52:36

I am looking for a newsreader for os x beta. I have downloaded tin and
radical news but don't work.  I don't know what's going. I use openup to
decompress them but for radicalnews ,the app is visible in the dock but
won't open. For tin, it open a text edit file with cabalistic
characters... I wan't sth that works!!!

Thanks

osxnewsreader

Post by David Augsburg » Mon, 06 Nov 2000 13:45:44

> I am looking for a newsreader for os x beta. I have downloaded tin and
> radical news but don't work.  I don't know what's going. I use openup to
> decompress them but for radicalnews ,the app is visible in the dock but
> won't open. For tin, it open a text edit file with cabalistic
> characters... I wan't sth that works!!!

A Carbon version of John Norstad's NewsWatcher was released Nov 3 by
Electric Fish <http://www.electricfish.com/>

Also look on Version Tracker for a tin binary posted awhile back.

Cheers,  David

osxnewsreader

Post by Alan R Barke » Mon, 06 Nov 2000 04:00:00

In article <davidaug-

Quote:> A Carbon version of John Norstad's NewsWatcher was released
Nov 3 by
> Electric Fish <http://www.electricfish.com/>

Unfortunately it seems very buggy.  For instance it crashes when I
try to reply to a posting. Hopefully a new beta will be out shortly.
--
Alan R Barker
Rev D iMac / MacOS 9 / MacOS X Beta / LinuxPPC 2000

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.