X Server Video Problem

Post by M.Riple » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

    I recently installed LinuxPPC on my Mac 8600/300, and I'm having
problems with the video.
    It works fine at low res (640X480), but when I increase the resolution,
the screen goes blank when exiting X.
    This was with a Twin Turbo video card - I can't get X to run at all with
the built in video card.

    Anyone have any suggestions?

1. Please Help w/RH 5.0 - Video prob when starting X Server but using supported video card

says...

Are you trying MetroX or XFree86?  I had similar odd video problems
trying to install MetroX, but XFree86 worked OK.

(I eventually got MetroX working by hand-editing the Xconfig.tmpl file
after I'd installed the rest of the system.)

-Dave

--
NOTE: for e-mail replies, be sure to remove NOSPAM from the address.

2. Howto: Running Napster behind a linux firewall

3. ?? X server for Stealth64 Video 3200 video card?

4. Heavy IDE use freezes screen and sound card

5. i740 video card server problems

6. default file permission question

7. mdscopy problem(Oracle Video Server)

8. Tandy CD-ROm drive

9. X-Server and video cards problem

10. ATI all-in-Wonder video card, X server problem

11. i740 video card server problems

12. X-server video config problems - help!

13. Problems with video resolutions in X servers