X problem with LinuxPPC 2K

Post by Robert Lasiron » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:49:18

I'm sure this is a newbie question, but I just can't seem to find the
answer.

I have a, what i believe, is a Lombard G3 PB. I managed to get the linux
installed and working, but I'm having a problem with the video. The color on
the screen appears to be inverted, I guess. Whatever it is, it's very wrong.

The linuxppc manual doesn't address the video chip on the machine. I tried
to add the append line in the manual, that didn't work either.

At one time, the video colors looked ok. But, this only occurred when I was
having a problem booting directly from the HD. I finally found the link on
LinuxPPC's website-> Typo in manual (Should of went there first ). Made the
correction and the video hasn't looked correct since.

Please HHHELLLPPPP,
-rob

X problem with LinuxPPC 2K

Post by Anders L?vgre » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:19:13

Quote:> I'm sure this is a newbie question, but I just can't seem to find the
> answer.

> I have a, what i believe, is a Lombard G3 PB. I managed to get the
linux
> installed and working, but I'm having a problem with the video. The
color on
> the screen appears to be inverted, I guess. Whatever it is, it's very
wrong.

> The linuxppc manual doesn't address the video chip on the machine. I
tried
> to add the append line in the manual, that didn't work either.

> At one time, the video colors looked ok. But, this only occurred when
I was
> having a problem booting directly from the HD. I finally found the
link on
> LinuxPPC's website-> Typo in manual (Should of went there first ).
Made the
> correction and the video hasn't looked correct since.

> Please HHHELLLPPPP,
> -rob

I also had this strange effect, when trying XPmac on my machine
with a aty128rage graphics card. Without acceleration, the gamma
values was too high and with accel. the colors got inverted.

The framebuffer server works and the colors are great. I think
it's the one used by virtually all linux installation programs.

--
// Anders L

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. LinuxPPC 2k problems

I recently got the linuxppc 2k cd, and I did a full install and when I
want to turn to KDE desktop, it happens nothing, always turns to the
login screen
What can I do?
Also I tried to turn to linuxPPC q3 that this problem I didn't have it,
but now detects a adb mouse when I have a B&W G3 and all is USB !!!! but
is  with uwscsi2 hard disc, a seagate ultra ata  and the cdrom. I think
I could be done because I had to change the ide port of the cdrom , now
my cdrom is pluged in the ultra ata port, and the ultraata hard disk is
pluged in the cdrom port, that I did because, the disk manager did not
detect my ultraata drive if I plugged in the ultraata port.
Have any solutions?
thanx

2. X Server support for AGP?

3. problem booting linuxPPC 2K after install...

4. rboot and ethernet frame types

5. install problem with LinuxPPC 2k & cdrom

6. serial number?

7. Another problem with new linuxppc-2k install...

8. OK, who has the Trident 96xx working?

9. LinuxPPC 2k install problems

10. LinuxPPC 2K - Starting NFS daemon: nfssvc: Function not implimented

11. XConfigurator on Linuxppc 2k q4

12. Setting time in LinuxPPC 2k

13. Newbie in Mac/LinuxPPC 2K