LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Post by Tibor Pau » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Is it possible to install shared libs in a privat dir or must I install
them globaly (LinuxPPC)?

Under SRV I can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the rld searches this path for
the libs.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Post by Byron Servie » Sun, 12 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Is it possible to install shared libs in a privat dir or must I install
> them globaly (LinuxPPC)?

> Under SRV I can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the rld searches this path for
> the libs.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH will work on linux as well.  If you are the only user of
your system and have root access, you may want to consider installing
very frequently used libraries in /usr/local/lib, or take a look at the
ldconfig man page or instructions on how to add paths to the loaders
"built-in" paths.

Byron

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Post by Tibor Pau » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> LD_LIBRARY_PATH will work on linux as well.  If you are the only user of
> your system and have root access, you may want to consider installing
> very frequently used libraries in /usr/local/lib, or take a look at the
> ldconfig man page or instructions on how to add paths to the loaders
> "built-in" paths.

Thanks,

it works now. I'v search the man pages but didn't find anything :-(
Well, I am developing a shared library and it's much easier to work with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH than with the ld.so.cache.