Is anybody working on getting Lombard USB working?

Is anybody working on getting Lombard USB working?

Post by Stephen Pop » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello all,

I use Linux PPC v5 on a 400 MHz "Lombard" PowerBook and it's *great* --
my only problem is that I can't use an external USB keyboard and mouse.

Is there a kernel hacker out there who could enlighten me as to the
issues involved in getting this to work? (I'm UNIX kernel literate, but
haven't looked into USB support.)

Are all Mac USB stacks made for the older interface chips?

Is anyone currently working on getting this to work? (If yes, do you
want some help?)

...any reply appreciated...

--
stp

1. Is anyone working on USB input for Bronze (Lombard) PowerBooks?

Hello all,

I posted this query a month or so ago, and got the answer that it was
known that the current USB Drivers for LinuxPPC do not work with the
interface chips in the new line of PowerBooks. Is anyone working on
this? Does anyone know of other stacks that support these chips? (I find
the Lombard's built-in keyboard marginal at best, and cannot function at
all on a Mac without a multi-button mouse.)

...any replies appreciated...

--

Stephen Travis Pope  --  http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~stp

2. Freeware projects that I can participate in

3. Why I am getting two IP addresses when I connect to my work through VPN

4. How to use floppy not from the root account?

5. Has anybody gotten bootpd to work?

6. Who's Calling Me?

7. Anybody gotten curses to work...?

8. Setting Screensaver

9. YANewbie question: Anybody gotten either Airport or WAVELAN to work?

10. ATI Graphics Xpression Mach64 PCI: Has anybody gotten this to work?

11. Has anybody gotten AUB to work?

12. Has anybody gotten SHADOW intrusion detector to work?

13. Has anybody tried getting GPC to work?