Alsa sound runs at half speed when used by mplayer

Alsa sound runs at half speed when used by mplayer

Post by Bernie Mentin » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 05:05:01

Hi All,

Thought I'd try mplayer for playing DVD's last night. It mainly works great
with OSS and SDL sound drivers, but with ALSA sounds runs veeeery slow.
(ALSA runs ok with VLC and normal use).

I cannot see any settings for ALSA within mplayer that could affect this,
and idea's anyone?

Also, I notice that when mplayer is running with ALSA, mplayer is only using
30% CPU, if it uses
another sound driver it is up at 80%, just like all my other DVD players.

This would imply that if I can get ALSA working with mplayer ok, and CPU
usage stays at 30%, then my video frame-rate could be faster.

Cheers,
Bernie

1. ESS1888 sound chip plays sounds half the speed (*dh)

Hi,

I have a problem with my HP Omnibook 800CT running SuSE Linux 7.0:

Every sound I play via /dev/dsp is played half the speed it should be
played.

I use the OSS sound blaster module (which is recommended for my
hardware).
SuSE 7.0 with kernel 2.2.18 (2.2.16 also tried - same result), Pentium
133, 24MB RAM, sound chip ESS1888.

Does anyone of you have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot
daniel hertrich

2. Sony memory stick adapter msac-fd2m

3. Using alsa-sound drivers with the Trident 4d Wave sound cards

4. Problem installing from floppy

5. Solution to sound playing with half speed on soundblaster16-clone

6. How to Keep Front panel on Top?

7. Mp3 running at half speed

8. problems with Fritz!card

9. Sound at half the speed

10. cursor runs at half speed!

11. Elonex runs at half speed!

12. Quad Opteron running at half the speed?

13. RS6000/320H RUNNING AT HALF SPEED - HELP!