MKLinux DR3 won't boot on 7200

Post by Louis Kowolowsk » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I have a problem with the initial boot/install of DR3 on my 7200/90.
> Looking at some arlier postings the symptoms are sort of similar:

> Drag the Mac files into place, reboot, choose MKLinux at the splash
> screen, get two boot meassages, then "mem_size = 168M" then .... nothing.

> I have a fairly standard setup: scsi cd-rom on id 3, internal scsi disk on
> 0, external on 1 (where I'm trying to install if I get that far).
> lilo.conf points to /dev/scd0 but I can see no CD activity during the boot
> sequence.

> Based on other postings I'm suspicious of:
> 1. Memory size too big ?? (168Mb) - Anyone successfully installed on >128?
> 2. My PCI Video card - a Formac Provision 4/60 - How does MKLinux handle this?

> Short of ripping out my installed memory or video, does anyone have any ideas?

> Thanks

yeah, set "mach_options=-m128"
that should solve your ram problems.  i've got 128 and it works fine.
i'm not sure whether your video card is supported or not, i'm working on figuring
out support for the card that I want to get too...

1. MKLinux DR3 won't boot on 7200

I have a problem with the initial boot/install of DR3 on my 7200/90.
Looking at some arlier postings the symptoms are sort of similar:

Drag the Mac files into place, reboot, choose MKLinux at the splash
screen, get two boot meassages, then "mem_size = 168M" then .... nothing.

I have a fairly standard setup: scsi cd-rom on id 3, internal scsi disk on
0, external on 1 (where I'm trying to install if I get that far).
lilo.conf points to /dev/scd0 but I can see no CD activity during the boot
sequence.

Based on other postings I'm suspicious of:
1. Memory size too big ?? (168Mb) - Anyone successfully installed on >128?
2. My PCI Video card - a Formac Provision 4/60 - How does MKLinux handle this?

Short of ripping out my installed memory or video, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. Charter cable interne and linux...

3. MkLinux on PowerMac 7200 won't boot

4. ld problems

5. LinuxPPC 2000 on 7200 won't boot after installation

7. LinuxPPC on a 7200/120 Won't boot from anything

8. SSRT3509 Potential Security Vulnerability in CIFS/9000 Server

9. LinuxPPC on 7200 won't boot

10. MkLinux DR3 won't install on my Pmac 8600

11. Why Won't MkLinux DR3 Install on My Machine?

12. MkLinux DR3 - got the partitions, can't boot off CD-ROM

13. PowerMac 7200 and Debian 2.2 - system doesn't boot!