YDL 2.2 printing

Post by Isreal Packa » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:33:58

I've got a Lexmark Z32 that came with my G4. I've read the HOWTOs,
followed the directions, but still can't get my printer to do
anything. Tried cat > lpr. Nothing. What do I need to do?

YDL 2.2 printing

Post by I R A Darth Agg » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:29:12

On 17 Apr 2002 15:33:58 -0700,

+> I've got a Lexmark Z32 that came with my G4.

Is that model supported?

James
isn't looking good, either.

YDL 2.2 printing

Post by Isreal Packar » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:07:46

> On 17 Apr 2002 15:33:58 -0700,

> +> I've got a Lexmark Z32 that came with my G4.

> Is that model supported?

> James

Um, supported?

YDL 2.2 printing

Post by I R A Darth Agg » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:37:53

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 00:07:46 GMT,

+> > On 17 Apr 2002 15:33:58 -0700,

+> >
+> > +> I've got a Lexmark Z32 that came with my G4.
+> >
+> > Is that model supported?

+> Um, supported?

Yeah, supported. As in "is there a linuxPPC driver?" a number of the
Lexmark Z series printers are not particularly linux-friendly.

A * glance at

http://www.veryComputer.com/+Z32+PPC&btnG=Goo...

indicates that it probably does. Go get CUPS and replace lp/lpr/LPRng,
I highly recommend it.

James
isn't looking good, either.

1. Upgrading YDL 2.2 -> YDL 2.3

I just received the YDL 2.3 CDs and I want to upgrade from YDL 2.2, what
is the best way? Can I boot up from the YDL 2.3 CD and it will upgrade it or
do I have to do a full reinstall? I really don't want to do a reinstall.

Oscar

2. Installing Linux with Partition Magic

3. YDL 2.2 Upgrade to YDL 2.3

4. from Linux to D1-Net

5. YDL 2.2 success

6. Dec 2100 4/233 Redhat 7.2

7. configuring YDL 2.2 for a PowerBook

8. color_xterm & Mach64

9. YDL 2.2: Kernel compile aborts in make vmlinux

10. Need help with YDL 2.2 and monitor settings

11. YDL 2.2 install fails

12. YDL 2.2 on new Powerbook G4 w/ ATI Mobility Radeon 7500

13. YDL 2.2 no mouse problem-SOLVED