starting apache and mysql at boot

Post by Bill Denn » Mon, 13 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi-

I downloaded and compiled mysql and apache w/php support. I can get
everything working fine, but apache and mysql do not start up at boot
time.

I can start both manually and things work fine. How do I get them to start
at boot?

[apache tries to start, but fails]

Any help?

Thanks-
Bill

--
please remove NOSPAM from my email address.

1. start mysql database as mysql instead of root

Hi
having trouble with mysql
i can only start the server as root
when i use adduser interactivly to create mysql
i use /usr/bin/false as the shell
but i am not sure about the password
or if  i need a home directory for the mysql user
what adduser command do i use to
create an unprivilidge user (mysql)
for the mysql server to run as.

shadrock

2. Local Sockets

3. starting MySQL on boot?

4. Create own Apache binary?

5. Starting Apache & MySQL

6. Shared Library not found

7. Apache / PHP4 / MySql Problem - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock'

8. Malaysia knows how to cut the licensing costs...

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. Starting Apache on boot - question

11. solaris9 apache don't start at boot

12. Starting Apache on boot