I thought you may enjoy...

Post by Rajendra Nath Datt » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Consistent mediocrity, delivered on a large scale, is much more profitable
than anything on a small scale, no matter how efficient it might be.

                                                (Page 176)

Taken from "The Unix-Haters Handbook."
Never before in the history of the world has such a non-innovative company
made so much money by doing so little for so many people.  I am, of course,
talking about the Microsoft Corporation ...

        Lucent Technologies Inc., Bell Laboratories
        Phone: 732-946-1119       Fax: 732-946-9146

1. I think I may have found a bug

Hello,
        What is happening is I write a record out as a void * using low level
write, but later when it is read back the last 1-4 bytes seem to get
jumbled. I could use an experience had to look over the program to
either confirm this is point out my problem. The code is sizable, and
uses several files including a linked list, b-tree index( a shareware
lib for DOS I bought long ago and ported to Linux ), a record management
wrapper for the index routines, and several others. However, the problem
seems to be localized to the write_rec and read_rec functions.
Everything seems to have the proper values( recpos, and such ) but the
record itself is messed up. Can anyone take the time out to look it
over?

Robert

2. OS/2 Boot Manager not loading Linux

3. think I may have been rootkitted

4. COMMERCIAL: Trans-Ameritech announce new Supplement 2 CD

5. sharing passwd files... not quite what you may think...

6. PLIP : SIOCSIFFLAGS: Try again

7. Hmmm... I think I may have found something...

8. Installing 2.6 from Sparc5 and Sparc20

9. Did you ever think cola may be being watched?

11. Shell script question (may or may not be specific to pkgadd)

12. Three really bizarre problems that may or may not be related

13. I think I can , I think I can !!