USB Keydrive Mount Problems

Post by iDra » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:54:39

Ok here's the deal. I just bought a 128 MB 'Prolific' USB keydrive for
my 500mhz blue imac G3.

www.mittoni.com/usb-drive/

I run mandrake 9.1 ppc (Bamboo) and I can not for the life of me work
out how to mount the damn thing!
When I try:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb
I get the error drive not ready and stuff, (I will post the logs form
/var/log/messages and what ever if you need it)

I have found out that for some reason I don't have any files in
/proc/bus/usb/*

And when I plug it in 'HotPlug' writes a message to /var/log/messages
saying it can't find the module "sd_mod" I have no idea where to get
this. I can't find it on any of the CDs that came with my distro, or
the web.

Any help/comments welcome. PLEASE! help me.

Thanx in advance.
-idrake

USB Keydrive Mount Problems

Post by eric » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:32:33

Hello,

iDrake a crit:

Quote:> Ok here's the deal. I just bought a 128 MB 'Prolific' USB keydrive for
> my 500mhz blue imac G3.

[cut]

Quote:

> Any help/comments welcome. PLEASE! help me.

You can have a look here :

http://www.qbik.ch

This can probably help you ;-)

Quote:

> Thanx in advance.
> -idrake

Best regards

--
eric b

1. Mounting USB Zip and USB floppy on LinuxPPC 2000

Hi,

I've got LinuxPPC 2000 (kernel vmlinux.2.2.15pre3) running on my Blue&White G3
(New World).  After a bit of configuring, things work pretty well.  However, I
haven't been able to "locate" my USB zip drive or USB floppy (not a
super-floppy).

I've checked the FAQs and newsgroups, and although atl east the
USB Zip supposedly works with LPPC-2000, I can't figure out what device it
shows up on.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to mount a Zip disk using a USB zip drive
(or a regular floppy disk, using a USB floppy drive).

TIA,

Igor

2. replying by e-mail

3. ??Question about sparc solaris commands to mount, read/write to usb memory jumpdrives/ USB memory stick

4. Audio cd-player for Solaris 2.3

5. USB PenDisk mount/umount; mount: No medium found ???

6. RCS under linux ?

7. mount hangs while mounting USB storage device

8. apache server

9. problem mounting usb flash disk

10. mount USB HD problem

11. Problems reading files off digital cam after mounting via USB

12. USB external storage mount problem

13. Linksys USB drive mount problems