Logitec mouseman marble adb mouse

Post by Logan Hal » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

hi-
I recently saw a Logitec mousemanman marble for sale and i was wondering if
any one has had any luck getting it to work under R5?  It is a 3 button
trackball and i would  like to use all three buttons. thanks for any help.

----
Logan

Post by Ron Nelso » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> hi-
> I recently saw a Logitec mousemanman marble for sale and i was wondering if
> any one has had any luck getting it to work under R5?  It is a 3 button
> trackball and i would  like to use all three buttons. thanks for any help.

> ----
> Logan

The Logitec Mouseman Marble works great. After you hook up the mouse
just run mouseconfig and choose ADB 3 button mouse and make sure emulate
3 buttons is not checked..

Have fun,
Ron Nelson

Post by john s jacobs anderso » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> The Logitec Mouseman Marble works great. After you hook up the mouse
> just run mouseconfig and choose ADB 3 button mouse and make sure emulate
> 3 buttons is not checked..

just to second this: the logitec marble is _wonderful_. 3 buttons, out
of the box, plug-and-play, no hassles.

i _think_ the ADB version is discontinued; I picked up mine on eBay.

happy hunting,
john.

http://www.treefort.org/~jacobs/ <-- GeneHack:bioinfo*linux*opinion

Logitec mouseman marble adb mouse

Post by Logan Hal » Mon, 23 Aug 1999 04:00:00

im not sure if it is discontinued but i got mine at fry's electronics today
and yes it is wonderful. worked right away. now if i couldonly get my ppp to
talk to AT&t's ppp i would be in linux blis. right now i am forced to bool
boot. but oh well.

----
Logan

> > The Logitec Mouseman Marble works great. After you hook up the mouse
> > just run mouseconfig and choose ADB 3 button mouse and make sure emulate
> > 3 buttons is not checked..

> just to second this: the logitec marble is _wonderful_. 3 buttons, out
> of the box, plug-and-play, no hassles.

> i _think_ the ADB version is discontinued; I picked up mine on eBay.

> happy hunting,
> john.

> --

> http://www.treefort.org/~jacobs/ <-- GeneHack:bioinfo*linux*opinion

1. Logitech ADB Trackman Marble mouse/mice/trackball

I am trying to set up   my ADB Logitech Trackman Marble as a
three-button mouse
on my 240/3000 StarMax running Linux/PPC, ver 4.X, soon to be 5.0.  It
has
three buttons that I am able to cofigure as a three button mouse under
MacOS
running White Pines X window software.

I have tried using :
mousemode 15 4

while logged in as root, but all it does is tell me:
Address 15 is currently mode  "3"
Attempting to change mode to "4"
Unable to chage to "4"
Address 15 is currently mode  "3"

That is paraphrasing, but that is the general gist of the command
output.
The command is entered from a bash shell, from within /sbin

Has anyone successfully configured this particular mouse?  If there are
known problems
with this mouse,  what are the better mice to use?

Thanks

--

--Brian Gix                     | phone: (425) 487-5894
  Motorola - SCDC               |  cell: (206) 499-7108

2. MS Exchange Mail and RH5 mailserver question

3. ADB MouseMan Mouse

4. D-Link FE-530 TX and RHAT 6.0

5. Logitec TrackMan "marble"

6. Looking for inexpensive CPU/MB upgrade

7. Logitec Trackman Marble FX

8. PPPD quit working

9. Logitec Lost my Logitec Busmouse with PL12

10. 7500 + XLR Carrier + Debian + ADB mouse + XFree86 = no mouse buttons

11. How to use the second mouse button with my adb-mouse ?

12. Logitech pulls a fast one with there Mouseman II 'buhs' mouse (mice, busmouse, busmice)

13. Logitec Bus Mouse and /dev/bm