Partitioning & PDisk

Post by Robert Hoope » Sun, 01 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi, I am trying to install Linux and I run into problems when using pdisk in
the installer.

I have a 2.3gig HD dedicated to Linux. I make a swap and a root partition.

Like this:

start block
end block
name

I then do a "write."

It can't recognize the drive (the installer). What am I doing wrong?

BTW, this version I am installing is TurboLinux.

Sincerely Robert Hoopes

1. Will pdisk wipe my Apple_HFS partition?

I have a 1 gig unused partition on a 6gig IDE internal drive on my G3
desktop. I want to make use this partition to hold MkLinux.

I have 2 questions:

1) If I partition using pdisk and don't change anything relating to the
apple HFS partition, will pdisk wipe my Apple volume or will it just
create the new UNIX partitions?

2) Will I be able to boot from /dev/hda6. I had alot of trouble getting
my G3 to install MkLinux from the IDE CDROM. I have been able to boot
linux from my external SCSI drive but it just died.

Thanks.

Kip

2. slackware 1.1.1 bootkern locks with WD8003

3. Partitioning...pdisk...

4. Boot failure in 2.5.31 BK with new TLS patch

5. Help: pdisk lost a partition???

6. Loadlin usage

8. Installing QT 3.0.0 beta6

10. 没有人用中文吗?

11. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

12. Partition check at boot time & fdisk partition table don't agree

13. Using WD1007 with DOS partitions & Adaptec 1542B with Linux partitions