Problem with LinuxPPC installation

Post by Gaétan Grandmon » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Can someone tell me where exactly should I place the RedHat folder ???

I have a G3 tower and I can boot from the floppy with the g3installer.coff on it but the RedHat
installer doesn't want to come.

What should I do ???

Post by Ronal » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Can someone tell me where exactly should I place the RedHat folder ???

> I have a G3 tower and I can boot from the floppy with the g3installer.coff on it but the RedHat
> installer doesn't want to come.

> What should I do ???

Ill give it a try and hope that nobody beats me up or something ;-)

Place the RedHat Folder in the root level of one of your Mac HDs. When
the installer asks you on wich drive and where the RedHat folder is,
select the correct drive and in the line for the path remove the slash
(so that it is empty), that worked for me.

bye.

Problem with LinuxPPC installation

Post by Dennis Munsi » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

unless your macos hard drive is formated in hfs+...

dennis

> > Can someone tell me where exactly should I place the RedHat folder ???

> > I have a G3 tower and I can boot from the floppy with the g3installer.coff on it but the RedHat
> > installer doesn't want to come.

> > What should I do ???

> Ill give it a try and hope that nobody beats me up or something ;-)

> Place the RedHat Folder in the root level of one of your Mac HDs. When
> the installer asks you on wich drive and where the RedHat folder is,
> select the correct drive and in the line for the path remove the slash
> (so that it is empty), that worked for me.

> bye.

Problem with LinuxPPC installation

Post by tiff.. » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

ok i am replying to a newsgroup.

> Can someone tell me where exactly should I place the RedHat folder ???

> I have a G3 tower and I can boot from the floppy with the g3installer.coff on it but the RedHat
> installer doesn't want to come.

> What should I do ???

Problem with LinuxPPC installation

Post by tiff.. » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> unless your macos hard drive is formated in hfs+...

> dennis

> > > Can someone tell me where exactly should I place the RedHat folder ???

> > > I have a G3 tower and I can boot from the floppy with the g3installer.coff on it but the RedHat
> > > installer doesn't want to come.

> > > What should I do ???

> > Ill give it a try and hope that nobody beats me up or something ;-)

> > Place the RedHat Folder in the root level of one of your Mac HDs. When
> > the installer asks you on wich drive and where the RedHat folder is,
> > select the correct drive and in the line for the path remove the slash
> > (so that it is empty), that worked for me.

> > bye.

1. Problems with LinuxPPC Installation

Hi All:

I'ave been having the same problem for about 2 months now and it's
becoming really frustrating.Several people have already given me
suggestions, but none of them seem to work.

Whenever I attempt to install LinuxPPC R4, i keep getting the message:

"install exited abnormally -- received singal 11
 sending termination signals ...done
 sendking kill singals ...done
 unmounting filesystems... /proc
 you may safely reboot you system"

No matter if i use floopy install or bootX (tried all the kernels) this
still happens. So far, no one has been able to help and i'm wondering if
anyone has stumbled across anything new.

I have a PowerBook G3/266 with 64 MB of RAM, MacOS 8.5 (used drive setup
1.6.1). Has anyone had these problems before?

Any help is appreciated.

Mattfong

2. segv during Wine-980104 build

3. Installation-problems linuxPPC on updated 7600

4. Mac OS in a PC box?

5. linuxppc installation problem

6. Shared IRQs

7. LinuxPPC -- Installation/setup problems

8. servers

9. Installation problem w LinuxPPC

10. linuxPPC 1999 packages installation problem

11. LinuxPPC installation problems

12. LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 Installation Problems

13. Linuxppc installation problem: no packages recognized