mount problems

Post by Logan Hal » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

i am having trouble getting mount to let not root users mount floppies and
cds can anyone tell me how to do this....i have tried setting the
permissions for the drives to let every one access them and it still wont
work.  also how do you format a floppy under linux? thanks for any help

mount problems

Post by Martin Costabe » Sun, 13 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> i am having trouble getting mount to let not root users mount floppies and
> cds can anyone tell me how to do this....i have tried setting the
> permissions for the drives to let every one access them and it still wont
> work.

Look into your /etc/fstab file. If you see a line
/dev/cdrom     /mnt/cdrom     iso9660 noauto,ro       0 0
there, change this (as root!) to
/dev/cdrom     /mnt/cdrom     iso9660 noauto,ro,user       0 0
Then anyone can do a "mount /mnt/cdrom".

Quote:> also how do you format a floppy under linux?

fdformat from the util-linux package.

--
Martin

1. NFS mount problems: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Hello!

I am trying to mount a NFS volume on an old Linux 2.0.27 system
but recieve the following error message:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

The most confusing thing is that this mountpoint has worked
for several years...

The system is a RedHat 4.1 installation and I assumed
that nfs-server-2.2beta16-5 is the package involved.
Accordingly to rpm the files from the package are intact.

The NFS-server is a SunOS 5.7 system and the admin people
tell me that they know of no recent changes that could have
caused the previously working setup to fail...

I have check that rpc.nfsd is running and have rebooted the
system but the error remains.

Please Help!

/Bj?rn Medin

Bj?rn Medin
Product Manager
RF-IC and Modules

Ericsson Microelectronics AB
Isafjordsgatan 16, KISTA     Phone:  +46 8 757 4162
S-164 81 KISTA - STOCKHOLM   Mobile: +46 70 5677289
Sweden                       Telefax:+46 8 757 4236

2. How to disable normal user from using SMITTY.

3. Mount Problems (RH7.0) Mounting an "old" SYSV/Xinit Disk!

4. mount and umount

5. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

6. VMI CD-ROM

7. Mount Problems (RH7.0) Mounting an "old" SYSV/Xinit Disk!

8. seyon/modem problem

9. "Mount Problem" Media not mounted correctly

10. floppy problems, not a mounting problem

11. Problem with NFS mounting problems

12. mount problem, swap problem

13. NFS mounting problems :(