Adaptec 2930 PCI SCSI card

Post by Bo » Sun, 02 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm in the process of downloading the ISO image of Yellowdog Linux CS 1.1.
I hope to run YDL on my B&W G3/400. Does anyone know if the Adaptec 2930
SCSI card will work with YDL 1.1? What about LinuxPPC 1999? Or MkLinux R1
(when it comes out)?

Thanks,
Bob

Adaptec 2930 PCI SCSI card

Post by Robert N. Brya » Sun, 02 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I'm in the process of downloading the ISO image of Yellowdog Linux CS 1.1.
> I hope to run YDL on my B&W G3/400. Does anyone know if the Adaptec 2930
> SCSI card will work with YDL 1.1? What about LinuxPPC 1999? Or MkLinux R1
> (when it comes out)?

> Thanks,
> Bob

I'm running LinuxPPC 1999 Q3 on an external scsi HD that is attached to an
Adaptec 2930 in my B&W G3/350. I'm also using a 230 MB magneto-optical scsi
drive daisy-chained to the HD for backups. No problems.

Bob

--
Bob Bryan
rev.1 Blue G3

1. Adaptec SCSI Card 2930

Hello out there,

Does anyone have experience with this adapter?  I've been trying to
install it and under RH5.1 am having it being recognized when I run the
upgrade but during bootup get the scsi hosts-0 msg.  It is being
recognized as a 2940 card in the upgrade program during the scsi probe.
Is there a boot parameter that I can add to the lilo.conf file to help get
this card recognized, or is it just impossible?  Any ideas would be
appreciated, even if it is just saying that someone has it working.  I
have a few days to still return the card, so I do have some time.

I am only using this card for a jaz drive, I have 2 ide HD's on the
system, so I am operable.  This is just a recent addition to my system.
My kernel version is 2.0.34.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

2. ___HELP!!___ Segmentation fault??!?!

3. ADAPTEC Ultra SCSI 2930 controller card

4. map block numbers to file

5. Any support for Adaptec 2930 SCSI card?

6. Corrupt ext2.

7. Adaptec 2930 SCSI driver

8. MOUSE Config !!

9. ADAPTEC 2930 SCSI Adapter

10. Adaptec AHA-2930 SCSI Controller problems in kernel 2.4.3+

11. Adaptec 2930 SCSI Help Needed

12. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter. . .

13. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter