Uninstall Yaboot

Post by Paul Skomorowsk » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:58:46

Hi all,

Could somebody be so kind to give me a hint how I could uninstall yaboot on
a G4 (on i386 I know it is done with fdisk /MBR, but on a mac ?), because I
have to setup a whole new system with only osx running on it.

btw: I'm using SuSE 7.1 with os 9.2 and osx.

thanx a lot

paul

Uninstall Yaboot

Post by Jack Rabbi » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:35:10

> Could somebody be so kind to give me a hint how I could uninstall yaboot on
> a G4 (on i386 I know it is done with fdisk /MBR, but on a mac ?), because I
> have to setup a whole new system with only osx running on it.

IIRC, installing osx will overwrite the yaboot script in the firmware. you don't
have to do anything special.

hth,
Dieter

Uninstall Yaboot

Post by S├ębastien Mengi » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:56:44

Le mer 25 jun 03 10:58, Paul Skomorowski a crit:

Quote:> Hi all,

> Could somebody be so kind to give me a hint how I could uninstall yaboot on
> a G4 (on i386 I know it is done with fdisk /MBR, but on a mac ?), because I
> have to setup a whole new system with only osx running on it.

If you have to install a whole new system and that it has to be *only*
osX you should be able to boot from the install cd and reformat your
hard drive properly.

--
Sbastien

Uninstall Yaboot

Post by Paul Skomorowsk » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:22:31

Hi Jack and Sebastien,

Thanx !

Paul