X-Chat and event sounds

Post by Rick » Mon, 25 Dec 2000 07:37:34

I have put the name of an event sound in the sound box in the event text
dialog, but it doesn't play. I ctcp the sound to myself and real player
will play it. Also, when I save the config by hitting the save button,
when I reopen the event text dialog, the sound listing is missing.

What am I doing wrong?

Any and all help appreciated.

--

Rick

* To email me remove theobvious from my address *

1. event soounds in X-Chat

Can someone tell me how to have sounds play when an event happens. i
assumed you could assign a sound to one of the events listed in the edit
event dialog box, but the sound assignment never "takes' I am usiong
X-Chat 1.4.3 on LinuxPPC 2000. I can play the sounds in RealPlayer, or
they will play as a /ctcp nick sound soundfile.

Any and all help appreciated.

--

Rick

* To email me remove theobvious from my address *

2. FTP behind firewall

3. ctcp sound on x-chat?

4. Netscape mail notification tool with IMAP on Redhat

5. X-Chat 1.8 prob: DCC chats taking place in channel window....

6. Remote Processor Calls

7. X-Chat Menu Link

8. CGI, suexec and apache

9. X-Chat

10. X-Chat Wav Play ??

11. X-Chat for AIX 3.x or higher??

12. X-Chat under KDE

13. Static binary X-Chat file --What Next?