Boot problems with PPCLinux.

Post by Shawn D » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

My name is Shawn.  I've checked out this newsgroup a few times before, so
you could say that I'm a lurker.

Anyhow, I'm an experienced Mac user (Apple Salesman), but I don't know

I just managed to install the monolithic PPCLinux on my G3/233.  I've got
the instructions but it doesn't talk about how to set it to boot from the
Hard drive (internal IDE).  It says something about the OF flage for IDE
hard drives and I put that into Boot Variables, but I don't know what the
name of the boot file is.

Could someone help me on this issue, please?  I can also share a lot of
Mac knowledge with anyone who needs it.  Thank you. Cheers. :-)

Thanx in Advance,

Shawn D.

1. PPCLinux boot

How can I make LinuxPPC boot from hard disk?

I always have to use the installation floppy to boot it.

This is one of the reasons I normally use MkLinux.

I know I could download XBoot, what I probably will, but how
can I change the OF settings to boot from a hard disk partition?

Also, how can I change the color depth and resolution in X11?

2. HELP: script creates file but cannot write to

3. PPCLinux Problem: Monitors

4. getservbyport() not working in redhat?

5. X color depth problem, ppclinux q42000, powerbook g3 wall street

6. NEWBIE: Need Help Getting PPP & Ethernet to work together

7. please help ppclinux - 8500 installer problem

8. sendmail: How to configure the reply address

9. diskless boot hit error while booting kernel, cannot find boot device, dhcp problem?

10. PostgresSQL on PPCLinux

11. fortran on PPCLinux

12. Newbie question about PPCLinux distribution package

13. ppclinux.apple.com