i did it! combodrive in ibook 333!

Post by a.. » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:48:21

hey folks after a day of hard work, i finally replaced the cdrom of my old,
colored ibook with a cd-rw/dvd drive!!!

pretty cool! burning cds works fine, dvd playpack works with mplayer, but is
bad since i have not installed the xv extensions.

greetings oliver

Post by Colin Lero » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:51:16

> hey folks after a day of hard work, i finally replaced the cdrom of my
> old, colored ibook with a cd-rw/dvd drive!!!

Where did you buy the drive ? Did you put a howto somewhere ?

Quote:> pretty cool! burning cds works fine, dvd playpack works with mplayer,
> but is bad since i have not installed the xv extensions.

Try vidix (get 0.90-pre9)
--
Colin
panic("No RAM??");

i did it! combodrive in ibook 333!

Post by a.. » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:44:33

... it is just a standard notebook cdrw. it was a little bit tricky to put
it into the book, but it worked.
sorry i did not have a camera with me, so i dont have pictures to wirte a
howto.

oliver

> > hey folks after a day of hard work, i finally replaced the cdrom of my
> > old, colored ibook with a cd-rw/dvd drive!!!

> Where did you buy the drive ? Did you put a howto somewhere ?

> > pretty cool! burning cds works fine, dvd playpack works with mplayer,
> > but is bad since i have not installed the xv extensions.

> Try vidix (get 0.90-pre9)
> --
> Colin
> panic("No RAM??");
>     2.2.19 linux/arch/ppc/mm/init.c

1. x2560a 336/333 processor module

I've seen the x2560a processor module (501-4363) listed as both 336
and 333 Mhz.

Which is correct?  Are they actually the same module and it depends on
what machine you put it in?  If not, how do you tell a 333 MHz x2560
from a 336MHz x2560?

Thanks,

-Dan

2. OT: There goes the neighborhood

3. AMD K6-300 or IBM 333 ?

4. Weird permissions in /dev

5. Alpha 333/2GB HD $350

6. Problem with spaceball 4000

7. Compaq K6-2/333 Laptop and Linux

8. Last date scripts

9. Cyrix MII 333 and Linux

10. RedHat 7.3 / VIA KT-333 Problems.

11. ABIT KX7-333 motherboard and USB scanner

12. U5/333, Sol 7: weird messages in /var/adm/messages

13. video problem with YDL on iMac (333 MHz)