SUSE 7.0 availablity for PPC?

Post by set » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I just noticed over at www.suse.com that 7.0 is now shipping. Looks pretty
neat, but there's no mention of the PPC version. The other thing I was
wondering about is whether I'd be able to upgrade to 7.0 via rpm -U, or
will I need to purchase the package to upgrade my 6.4 install (just
purchased three months ago).

I mean, I'm not complaining or anything. If it's a paid upgrade, I'll
probably purchase the professional version. I'd just like to know how I
can get my hands on it in order to keep my system current.

SUSE 7.0 availablity for PPC?

Post by bep » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I received today mail from SuSE, that
Version 7.0 for PPC appears at the beginning of Octobers.

Quote:> I just noticed over at www.suse.com that 7.0 is now shipping. Looks pretty
> neat, but there's no mention of the PPC version. The other thing I was
> wondering about is whether I'd be able to upgrade to 7.0 via rpm -U, or
> will I need to purchase the package to upgrade my 6.4 install (just
> purchased three months ago).

> I mean, I'm not complaining or anything. If it's a paid upgrade, I'll
> probably purchase the professional version. I'd just like to know how I
> can get my hands on it in order to keep my system current.

SUSE 7.0 availablity for PPC?

Post by bep » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I received today mail from SuSE, that
Version 7.0 for PPC appears at the beginning of Octobers.

Quote:> I just noticed over at www.suse.com that 7.0 is now shipping. Looks pretty
> neat, but there's no mention of the PPC version. The other thing I was
> wondering about is whether I'd be able to upgrade to 7.0 via rpm -U, or
> will I need to purchase the package to upgrade my 6.4 install (just
> purchased three months ago).

> I mean, I'm not complaining or anything. If it's a paid upgrade, I'll
> probably purchase the professional version. I'd just like to know how I
> can get my hands on it in order to keep my system current.

SUSE 7.0 availablity for PPC?

Post by bep » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I received today mail from SuSE, that
Version 7.0 for PPC appears at the beginning of Octobers.

Quote:> I just noticed over at www.suse.com that 7.0 is now shipping. Looks pretty
> neat, but there's no mention of the PPC version. The other thing I was
> wondering about is whether I'd be able to upgrade to 7.0 via rpm -U, or
> will I need to purchase the package to upgrade my 6.4 install (just
> purchased three months ago).

> I mean, I'm not complaining or anything. If it's a paid upgrade, I'll
> probably purchase the professional version. I'd just like to know how I
> can get my hands on it in order to keep my system current.

SUSE 7.0 availablity for PPC?

Post by bep » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I received today mail from SuSE, that
Version 7.0 for PPC appears at the beginning of Octobers.

Quote:> I just noticed over at www.suse.com that 7.0 is now shipping. Looks pretty
> neat, but there's no mention of the PPC version. The other thing I was
> wondering about is whether I'd be able to upgrade to 7.0 via rpm -U, or
> will I need to purchase the package to upgrade my 6.4 install (just
> purchased three months ago).

> I mean, I'm not complaining or anything. If it's a paid upgrade, I'll
> probably purchase the professional version. I'd just like to know how I
> can get my hands on it in order to keep my system current.

1. SuSE Linux PPC 7.0

Hello everyone.
Has anyone out there managed to successfully install SuSE Linux PPC 7.0 on
a Beige G3 minitower?

When I attempt to boot off the install CD, the system hangs before it gets
as far as the installer.

I've tried putting the ramdisk and kernel files into the extensions folder
of a bootable system and starting Xboot from there, with the same result.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
       JC VOLLMER  TEXT REFS DOUBLEPLUSUNGOOD    DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER

CONSOLIDATED LINT  IGNORE FULLWISE               DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER

2. multiple nic's

3. MAJOR PROBLEM: G4 Cube & SuSE 7.0 PPC

4. Update: Install hangs computer

5. Modules not found (SuSE 7.0 PPC on G3 (old world))

6. Post network install help needed.

7. pppoed under suse 7.0 ppc

8. <free> doesn't free

9. Problem with SUSE 7.0 PPC on IBM RS/6000 F50

10. Linux PPC (SuSE 7.0) Install

11. ISO CD image file for Suse PPC 7.0

12. Newbie question: PCMCIA with SUSE PPC 7.0

13. SuSe PPC 7.0 Install Hangs