Boot to PCI Video Card for install on 7200?

Boot to PCI Video Card for install on 7200?

Post by Joel Wisn » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:02:15

I'm using YDL 2.2 CD with BootX installed to try to install linux on
my 7200.  It has an ATI video card (XClaim3DPro) and that's what my
display is plugged into.  I don't have an adapter to plug in my only
display into the Mac-style connector on the motherboard video.

When I run bootX, first I get some Linux text on the screen and it
immediately blanks the screen and there it sits.  Black display,
nothing going on.  I've tried both text-install kernel and the
supplied "X" kernel.

Anyone know of a way I can get this working or if it will ever work
installing with a PCI video card?  Maybe I can try another distro?  Or
do I have to get my hands on an adapter, even if it's just for the
install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to avoid buying a little crappy PC,
-Joel

1. PCI card modem on 7200?

I have LinuxPPC 200 running on a PowerMac 7200.

Is there support for a PCI card modem in this system, or must I find a serial
port modem? The modem is a generic swiped from a PC--Rockwell chipset.

If so, how do I address the modem?

Thanks,

Barry F

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. About PPPD

3. How to get accelerated video on 7200?

4. lilo.conf

5. Device Driver for NuDAQ PCI-7200 data acquisition

6. 14.4k with kermit? Possible?

7. Reverse Video on Stock 7200?

8. outdated route reappearing in ODM when booting NIM client

9. PCI ATI Rage II in 7200?

10. ixMicro Ultimate Rex PCI video card + LinuxPPC CD boot

11. Video cards - PCI + AGP - select at boot time

12. Tyan K8S Pro S2882: installing a PCI video card

13. Problems using ATI card with 7200 and LinuxPPC