MOL on 603e Umax C500...

Post by Rick » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I just tried to start MOL on a 603e based Umac C500 (6400/6500 clone).
Does anyone know if I replace the 603e with a 604, or possibly get a G3
cash slot upgrade, if MOL will run without patching anything?

Any and all help appreciated.
--
To reply by email remove NOSPAM from my address.

1. MOL on Umax C500 (603e)

Does anyone know if MOL is supposed to run on a 603e based machine
without manually patching the kernel/ The documentations reads like the
kernel is patched in real time by MOL, but I keep getting this message:

Using MOL library directory /usr/lib/mol
This kernel is NOT runtime patched
Trying to apply MOL runtime patches.

This machines has a 603 processor. Unfortunately,
it is not possible to add MOL support for this machines
without recompiling the kernel (with the MOL patch applied).

What does this mean? I am using the latest verison of MOL.
Any and all help appreciated.
--

Rick
To reply by email remove NOSPAM from my address.

2. MILO on Deskstation

3. MOL vs 603e

4. Boot%LiLo won't work

5. ppc linux on Umax Apus2000 603e/200MHz

6. SMP with COMPAQ Proliant 5500

7. Umax C500 not installing R5, HELP

8. How do install software from a CD-ROM under GNOME

9. LinuxPPC 4.1 on Umax c500

10. UMAX C500 and Ethernet

11. umax c500 ( APUS 2000)

12. Umax C500 wont install R5