MkLinux on Umax Pulsar 1660 SP?

Post by Dieter Fiebelko » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows when a MkLinux version for the 603 Macs will be
released. Currently I'm running RedHat Linux on my PC emulator on my 200
Mhz
Performa 6400. Unfortunately this is not really fast :-(

        Axel

MkLinux on Umax Pulsar 1660 SP?

Post by Dieter Fiebelko » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anyone knows that a MkLinux version for the Umax Pulsar 1660 SP
will running?

 Ciao
Dieter

Post by Heinz Nabiele » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I wonder if anyone knows when a MkLinux version for the 603 Macs will be
> released. Currently I'm running RedHat Linux on my PC emulator on my 200 Mhz
> Performa 6400. Unfortunately this is not really fast :-(

>         Axel

linux-pmac runs fine on my Performa 6400
Heinz

1. Boot problems on a Umax Pulsar

Hi,

I'm trying to install Linux on my Umax Pulsar (a.k.a. Supermac S900),
but it keeps crashing during the boot sequence. Apparently the on-board
hardware is identified (the last line that seems OK is "eth0: MACE
at..."), and then it halts. Registers are dumped, followed by the error
message "Kernel Panic: kernel access of bad area PC C0100444"..."task:
swapper/1".

Somehow this is caused by the Umax E100 ("Mercury") card that sits in
the first PCI slot. When I remove it, the machine does boot normally,
right into the X-based installer. Now I don't need this card under
Linux, but of course I don't want to remove it every time I start Linux.

my configuration:
Umax Pulsar
G3/400
208 MB RAM
Voodoo 3 2000
E100 "Mercury" card (UW SCSI + fast ethernet)
+ MacOS-only HD connected to it
another HD connected to internal Fast SCSI (this one will hold the Linux
partitions)

LinuxPPC 1999 Q3 + BootX 1.1.3 + live.filesystem image

Is there a kernel parameter that tells it to ignore the PCI card in slot
1?
Is anybody running LinuxPPC on a Pulsar+Mercury combination? What about
MkLinux?
Or have I got something else totally wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Rolf

2. ftp login

3. LinuxPPC on UMAX Pulsar (S900) won't boot

4. 2 Ethernet cards

5. LinuxPPC v4 won't work with my UMAX Pulsar (again)

6. virtual terminal disappears after logout

7. Solved the Adaptec problem in UMAX Pulsar!

8. Drivers for S3 Trio3D/2X AGP Card

9. Umax Pulsar works with LinuxPPC

10. NetBSD on Umax Pulsar

12. SMC 1660 ethernet card