Wanted: Motif Libraries compiled for Linux PPC

Wanted: Motif Libraries compiled for Linux PPC

Post by Greg Christophe » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

ANyone know of any free or for sale versions?

THanks!

-Greg

Post by Steven G. Johns » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> ANyone know of any free or for sale versions?

Get the Lesstif library (a free Motif clone).  I believe the URL is
www.lesstif.org; it compiled with no problems on my LinuxPPC machine.

Cordially,
Steven G. Johnson

Wanted: Motif Libraries compiled for Linux PPC

Post by Mike Stulti » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Don't think Motif is available for PowerPC.
I am using Lesstif (which R4 installed) but have had trouble with the
Lesstif widgets sometimes not refreshing or disappearing after their
values are changed via code.    The same code works fine with Motif on
an SGI.

They widgets only redraw when X makes them (window refresh/user
interaction)

Other than that, it has worked great with everthing I have thrown at
it.     Also works fine with Xpm and Mesa libraries.

>> ANyone know of any free or for sale versions?

>Get the Lesstif library (a free Motif clone).  I believe the URL is
>www.lesstif.org; it compiled with no problems on my LinuxPPC machine.

>Cordially,
>Steven G. Johnson

Wanted: Motif Libraries compiled for Linux PPC

Post by Rod Smi » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:

> Don't think Motif is available for PowerPC.
> I am using Lesstif (which R4 installed) but have had trouble with the
> Lesstif widgets sometimes not refreshing or disappearing after their
> values are changed via code.    The same code works fine with Motif on
> an SGI.

> They widgets only redraw when X makes them (window refresh/user
> interaction)

I've seen the same problem with xv on LinuxPPC pre-R5, which is *NOT*
Motif- or LessTif-based, so I wonder if this might be a bug in something
other than LessTif.  If it is LessTif, though, you could consider checking
whether an updated version is available.  They keep improving it, and even
small changes in version number can reflect substantial improvements, in
my experience.  Look for it at http://www.hungry.com.

--
Rod Smith

http://www.channel1.com/users/rodsmith
NOTE: Remove the "uce" word from my address to mail me

1. Wanted: Motif Library for Linux and Solaris x86.

Hi, I would like to buy the development package for
Linux and Solaris so that I can learn those stuff.
Like Motif and OpenGL, OpenInventor. Anything like
that is welcome. Please contact me:

Jinsong Hu
W-312, 1310 Alma Ave.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596

510-256-7975(home)
510-927-2020(office)

2. funky menu

3. Announce: Motif release to Open Source Community leads to Open Motif Everywhere on PPC

4. Size of environment

5. wanted Motif 2.0 libraries

6. kernel 1.2.0 cdrom port

7. problem compiling motif library

8. Window manager?

9. Compiling own Motif libraries

10. Cross compiling apps from Linux/x86 to Linux/PPC

11. debian-GNU-Linux cd (now for ppc - help wanted)

12. Sybase Open Client Libraries for Linux PPC

13. Motif Library needed for PowerPC Linux