Gcc Cross-Compiler Compile Troubles ...

Post by Jim Do » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:19:23

Hello all,

I have successfully built bin utils (binutils-2.11.93.0.2). I have added
the bin directory of this build to my PATH.

Here is the command sequence I am attempting:
 > ./configure --target=powerpc-linux --enable-shared
--enable-languages=c --with-newlib
--prefix=/home/jgdon/linux_ppc/gcc-2.95.3_build
--exec-prefix=/home/jgdon/linux_ppc/gcc-2.95.3_build
 > make

During the second command is where I see the -mppc error ... I think he
must have to do with the make system not getting the right "as" passed
into the "gcc" directory. If so though I would assume people have seen
it before.

As well I am seeing a problem during the call to configure as well ...
configure spawns a thread that calls "dialogue" which simply hangs ...
but if I suspend configure then kill the thread runnning dialogue it
seems to recover ... maybe this problem is causing the other. This hang
does not occur if I try configure on gcc-3.x.x.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated,
jim

ps should I remove the "enable-shared" ?

Gcc Cross-Compiler Compile Troubles ...

Post by Jim » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 04:23:23

FIXED NOW ;-)

Quote:> Hello all,

> I have successfully built bin utils (binutils-2.11.93.0.2). I have added
> the bin directory of this build to my PATH.

> Here is the command sequence I am attempting:
>  > ./configure --target=powerpc-linux --enable-shared
> --enable-languages=c --with-newlib
> --prefix=/home/jgdon/linux_ppc/gcc-2.95.3_build
> --exec-prefix=/home/jgdon/linux_ppc/gcc-2.95.3_build
>  > make

> During the second command is where I see the -mppc error ... I think he
> must have to do with the make system not getting the right "as" passed
> into the "gcc" directory. If so though I would assume people have seen
> it before.

> As well I am seeing a problem during the call to configure as well ...
> configure spawns a thread that calls "dialogue" which simply hangs ...
> but if I suspend configure then kill the thread runnning dialogue it
> seems to recover ... maybe this problem is causing the other. This hang
> does not occur if I try configure on gcc-3.x.x.

> Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated,
> jim

> ps should I remove the "enable-shared" ?

1. Gcc Cross Compiler Compile Troubles

Hello,
I am having a problem compiling gcc-2.95.3 to crosscompile from x86 to ppc.

During the compile of gcc I see as -mppc ... and it gives an error
stating the -mppc command is not supprt ...

Is it possible I screwed up my call to configure:
./configure --target=powerpc-linux --enable-shared --enable-languages=c
--with-newlib --prefix=/home/jgdon/linux_ppc/bin_utils/build
--exec-prefix=/home/jgdon/linux_ppc/bin_utils/build

Any clues or hints would be greatly appreciated ...

Jim

ps I even tried rebuilding new "as" command for my own pc and it still
does not support the -mppc option ...

2. C++/IRIX Linking problems

3. GCC cross compiler build troubles ...

4. CD-ROM master for SCO-Openserver

5. "invalid option" error while building gcc as a cross-compiler

6. DNS

7. gcc cross-compiler: creating AIX/PowerPC executables

8. local printer + me = DOH!!

9. need gcc --target type for multia/alpha cross-compiler

10. gcc 2.4.5 cross-compiler for linux.

11. Using gcc as cross-compiler

12. gcc cross-compiler for 64-bit code?

13. GCC solaris 2.6/2.5 cross-compiler