Logitech 3-button adb mouse?

Post by Peter C. Giardina, Ph.D » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Anybody tried the Logitech 3-button adb mouse with LinuxPPC. I assume it
should work. Just wanted to know before I buy.

Peter

Logitech 3-button adb mouse?

Post by jose » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Anybody tried the Logitech 3-button adb mouse with LinuxPPC. I assume it
> should work. Just wanted to know before I buy.

hi peter,

i have a cordless mouseman hooked up to my 8500, been using it for a number
of years. wow... i can't go back to a single button mouse. it's worked
flawlessly since day one of MkLinux-PCI and now on LinuxPPC.

hope this helps,

Logitech 3-button adb mouse?

Post by Per Erik Ron » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Anybody tried the Logitech 3-button adb mouse with LinuxPPC. I assume it
> should work. Just wanted to know before I buy.

I'm using the Logitech 3-button cordless adb-mouse with MkLinux on my
6100/72/60. Works without problems - you don't even have to install
anything, it just works ...
--
Per Erik R?nne
Vejlebrovej 40, 2. mf./DK-2635 Ish?j, DENMARK, EUROPEAN UNION

Logitech 3-button adb mouse?

Post by Charlie Giannet » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>Anybody tried the Logitech 3-button adb mouse with LinuxPPC. I assume it
>should work. Just wanted to know before I buy.

  I've got an old chorded 3-button adb Logitech mouse on my B&W G3 ...
worked great on my 7100/AV with MkLinux and continues to perform without
issue (or any modifications necessary) under LinuxPPC.  I would definitely
recommend it.

- Charlie

1. YDL/CS 1.2: Emulate 3-button mouse w/ 1-button ADB?

Yes, yes, I know. Truly the ways of Linux I will never master until I
get a real mouse. So sue me. :-)

I've got an effectively one-button ADB mouse. This makes Gnome and KDE
rather, well, "challenging." I've read plenty of stuff about how Linux
for PPC is supposed to be able to map keyboard keys to the 2nd and 3rd
buttons -- but I'll be damned if I can figure out what they're talking
about.

I found the note about adding "adb_buttons=1,122,120" to the kernel
arguments. I will admit, I'm not entirely sure where you specify kernel
arguments. Does this mean the "extra kernel arguments" field in BootX?
If so, did that -- it didn't work.

What I'd =like= is if I can do what MacOS does, namely, instead of
mapping them to keys, map them to modifier-click combinations, like
open-apple-click for button 2 and control-click for 3. But nobody seems
to be doing that.

(By the way, among the things that messed me up; every OTHER weird OS or
emulator I've used mapped "alt" to the option key. It took me 20 minutes
to figure out that YDL mapped it to the open-apple key. Weird. And just
plain =wrong=, too, since the option key =says= "alt" on it as well.)

--

J. Brad Hicks
U.S. Shamanics & Mechanical Zen

http://www.us-shamanics.com/brad/

2. Q: STREAMS Environment

3. Using Logitech 3 button mouse, as a Logitech 3 button mouse.

4. rtin - NNTPSERVER variable, where do you set it?

5. 3-button ADB mice?

6. csum_and_copy_from_user, tcp_sendmsg and zero-copy question

7. 3-button ADB mice

8. NAT connection dropping

9. 3-button ADB mouse for Linux?

10. Can 2-button mouse do 3-button mouse works?

11. Logitech Mouseman 3-button PS/2 mouse won't work under RedHat 5.1 Xwin

12. X & Logitech "First Mouse" (3-button)

13. 3-button Logitech mouse and X