Debian - First Boot - Kernel Panic

Post by Axd2 » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:42:02

Hi

I'm trying to put Debian Woody (kernel 2.2xxxx ) on my PowerBook 3400.
Everything goes fine till the first boot. I'm using BootX launched from Mac OS.
At first Linux seems to be booting alright but it all ends up in the message
"Kernel panic: kernel access of bad area pc cc10eefc lr cc10eed8 address 0 tsk
cardmgr/179"
After which it "successfully" reboots back into Mac OS.
I tried to play around with boot parameters but to no purpose. I didn't find
any specific recommendations for my particular powerbook though.

Alex

Post by Whom » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:36:07

> Hi

> I'm trying to put Debian Woody (kernel 2.2xxxx ) on my PowerBook 3400.
> Everything goes fine till the first boot. I'm using BootX launched from
> Mac OS. At first Linux seems to be booting alright but it all ends up in
> the message "Kernel panic: kernel access of bad area pc cc10eefc lr
> cc10eed8 address 0 tsk cardmgr/179"
> After which it "successfully" reboots back into Mac OS.
> I tried to play around with boot parameters but to no purpose. I didn't
> find any specific recommendations for my particular powerbook though.

> Alex

"...cardmgr..." seems to indicate an issue with PCMIA. Do you have PC
card(s) installed? If so, try without. That's all I can think of. Otherwise
you might want to google: linux powerbook 3400 cardmgr.

1. boot trouble (kernel panic, etc) in debian

i was trying to mount a partition on my debian box but apparently i
screwed things up. now when i try to boot from the HD it stops after
telling me the cache size and clock speed. if i try to do it with my boot
disk, it works for a while, then alerts me to a kernel panic ("unable to
mount root fs on 03:05"). anyone know how i can get anything working?
pleeeease? :)

aaron.

2. ? grep recursively down all subdirectories

3. Kernel panic on first boot after install

4. set-fill-column not working on emacs

5. panic while booting up: Kernel panic attempted to kill init

6. wins name resolution

7. How do I insert partitions BEFORE my Debian boot partiton and still get Debian to boot?

8. lfs attempts to mount nfs point twice

9. Problems when boot new kernel 2.5.66 kernel panic

10. cdrecord kernel fails: kernel panic upon boot.

11. LILO vanished on win/lin dual-boot, boot disk gives kernel panic

12. KERNEL PANIC: I CANT BOOT FROM SETUP'S LILO BOOT DISK!

13. Kernel panic with boot & rescue disk after kernel upgrade