how do i mount athe mac partition?

Post by Michael Buda » Sun, 30 May 1999 04:00:00

hey all -

ok, so i managed to install mklinux on my old radius (effectively an
8100). no problem!

now i'd like to mount the macos hfs partition and copy a few linux install
files (netscape navigator, mysql, and php3) from it to the linux partition
so i can install'em. is that possible? if so, how? or should i have done
it another way?

tia for any help for this newbie (to mklinux, anyway!)
--
| Michael Budash Consulting     | 707-252-7670       |
| Perl, Javascript, PHP, MySQL  | (603) 250-8679 fax |

how do i mount athe mac partition?

Post by Danny Lut » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

mount -t hfs /dev/hdxY /mountpoint

this is what I use for an ide HD--x=drive id, Y=Partition #
/mountpoint can be whatever directory you've created to mount the volume.

> hey all -

> ok, so i managed to install mklinux on my old radius (effectively an
> 8100). no problem!

> now i'd like to mount the macos hfs partition and copy a few linux install
> files (netscape navigator, mysql, and php3) from it to the linux partition
> so i can install'em. is that possible? if so, how? or should i have done
> it another way?

> tia for any help for this newbie (to mklinux, anyway!)
> --
> | Michael Budash Consulting     | 707-252-7670       |
> | Perl, Javascript, PHP, MySQL  | (603) 250-8679 fax |

how do i mount athe mac partition?

Post by Michael Buda » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

thanks - i'll try that!

>mount -t hfs /dev/hdxY /mountpoint

>this is what I use for an ide HD--x=drive id, Y=Partition #
>/mountpoint can be whatever directory you've created to mount the volume.

>> hey all -

>> ok, so i managed to install mklinux on my old radius (effectively an
>> 8100). no problem!

>> now i'd like to mount the macos hfs partition and copy a few linux install
>> files (netscape navigator, mysql, and php3) from it to the linux partition
>> so i can install'em. is that possible? if so, how? or should i have done
>> it another way?

>> tia for any help for this newbie (to mklinux, anyway!)

--
| Michael Budash Consulting     | 707-252-7670       |
| Perl, Javascript, PHP, MySQL  | (603) 250-8679 fax |

1. how do i mount an extended dos partition or a dos logical partition ?

i need to access/share data with an NT machine (not on a network)
i have 10G removable hard drives
i am trying to put a file system on it to allow access by both linux and
NT
linux won't mount an ntfs file system
the NT person put 4 primary (?) dos partitions on the disk
and if i run fdisk in linux it sees 4 FAT16 partitions
but it will only let me mount the first one

how do i mount the other 3 ?

is there some special way the disk needs to be formated by NT ?

thanks for any help,
dan

2. dir struct when burning CD?

3. How do I mount a Mac volume or export a partition to a Mac?

4. exceed problems after upgrading to aix 4.3.2

5. What partition sysid is OK for extended DOS partition mount?

6. + cc help.cpp=.cxx + What does it mean ?

7. mounting linux partitions from the Mac OS

8. ethrnet ftp problem

9. Problem mounting Mac HFS partitions

10. mount mac partition

11. New to Mac, How to partition with Messed up Mac install?

12. Linux <--> Mac Best way to mount NFS volume on a Mac or....?

13. Mounting extended DOS partitions