Compiling using gcc HELP

Post by Mark Da » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to compile perl 5.005_56 on linuxppc.  Problem configure
reporst that it can use the option -rdynamic.  However the cc compiler
doesn't recognize it as an option.  The result is that all of my
exestions to perl do not load they all fail.  Obviously there is a
problem with shared libs compilation.  Does anyone have some hints for
me on this one?

After I get perl compiled I'm going after xemacs.  Any hints here would
be nice as well.

Mark Daku

Compiling using gcc HELP

Post by Geoffrey KEATI » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.powerpc
> Date: 03 Feb 1998 10:25:07 -0500
> I'm trying to compile perl 5.005_56 on linuxppc.  Problem configure
> reporst that it can use the option -rdynamic.  However the cc compiler
> doesn't recognize it as an option.  The result is that all of my
> exestions to perl do not load they all fail.  Obviously there is a
> problem with shared libs compilation.  Does anyone have some hints for
> me on this one?

Substitute

-Wl,-dynamic

or whatever  (use 'man ld' to find out what you can put after -Wl, ).
This is fixed in egcs and I think in gcc 2.8.0.

--

1. problem compiling using -D__USE_MALLOC using gcc-2.95.2 on aix 4.3.3

hi there,

i am not sure whether this the right place to ask but i am hoping that
you guys can give me some answer to this. I am having memory leak
problem using stl string and i search around and found somebody
suggesting to use -D__USE_MALLOC but somehow i am having problem with
that. Here's what compiler error says:

bash-2.04$ g++ -D__USE_MALLOC leak2.cc
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol:
basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status
bash-2.04$

by the way I am using g++ version 2.95.2 and running on AIX 4.3.3
Appreciate the help that you guys can give me.

Thanks
Azhar

2. Micropolis 1548 question

3. HELP: Can't compile anything using gcc!

4. 'man -k' & 'apropos' fail

5. Help with compiling using gcc

6. status=0x51 { DriveRead SeekComplete Error }

7. Compiling using gcc in Solaris 2.3. PLEASE HELP!

8. compiling X source code under Linux

9. getchar with gcc using pointers --using gcc not any other compiler

10. GCC-i2.6.3 compiling (gcc with pentium optimiz's) PLEASE HELP US!!

11. gcc won't compile C++ but will compile C, help!

12. Linking a GCC-compiled library using Sun Workshop

13. Breaking News - natively compiled Eclipse (Re: Eclipse IDE with GCC: is anyone using it?)