IBM RS 6000

Post by John Zelle » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I want to install Linux on our IBM RS 6000. Do you know if it can be done,
and which flavour of Linux should I install if it can? Also, how do you see
what Power PC is inside the RS 6000?

Thanks in advance,
John

IBM RS 6000

Post by Matthew Pritzke » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> I want to install Linux on our IBM RS 6000. Do you know if it can be done,
> and which flavour of Linux should I install if it can? Also, how do you see
> what Power PC is inside the RS 6000?

The set of RS/6000's that work with any distrib of Linux is very small;
eg 43P model 150, I think, and F50, and maybe one or two others.  Visit
the websites for LinuxPPC and YellowDog, and see the lists.

--
--------------------
Matthew Pritzker           Graduate Research Assistant

1. FS: IBM RS/6000 Risc System/6000 SERVER POWERSTATION currently at $49.00

Please go to our webpage to see this and other great items that we have up for
auction on E-Bay.  Direct sales of items are also available.

http://WWW.JLAENTERPRISES.COM

Be sure to bookmark the page and check back weekly for many new items across
the board that will be added.  DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING THAT YOU NEED TODAY?  CALL
US AT (919) 844-0960 FOR DIRECT SALES.  We ship worldwide.

Thank You
JLA ENTERPRISES

WE BUY ANYTHING. CORPORATE ASSET RECOVERY/LIQUIDATION (AKA INVESTMENT
RECOVERY). SURPLUS, EXCESS INVENTORY, OVERSTOCK, OBSOLETE AND USED ITEMS. IF
YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL GIVE US A CALL!!! SINGLE PIECE OR MULTIPLE
TRUCKLOADS. WE WILL PICK UP FROM ANYWHERE IN THE US (BY TRUCKLOAD ONLY).
CORPORATIONS OR INDIVIDUALS. CASH PAID FOR ALL ITEMS WITH NO HASSLE!!! (919)

If the web address above does not work, an alternate site is:

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/jla_enterprises

2. pppd resetting cua1 permissions!

3. Install on IBM RS/6000 7248-133

4. apache modules

5. IBM RS/6000 43P-140 running Linux ?

6. Help with Cirrus 542x?

7. counterstrike server on IBM RS/6000 Workstation

8. upgrade source tarball: what to do with old version?

9. FS: IBM RS/6000 Server/Workstation Powerstation 320H now at $15.51

10. Has anyone ported XView/OpenLook to IBM RS/6000 ???

11. ELEFUNT tests on Apollo, SGI and IBM RS/6000 (long)

12. FS: IBM RS/6000 B50 Servers (Germany)

13. FA: IBM RS/6000 PowerServer 340