Compiling from source code

Post by Russell Stueve » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I downaloded the source code for a login program for my Road Runner
service..... its   rrlogin.c
I've seen the make command ..   but erverything I read about it has to
do with *.src files....   I'm sure there will e other problems compiling
this once I get started.... but I'm not even sure where to start. I've
searched the newsgroups and the DOC saights and even all the
HOWTO's...... nothing directly mentions *.c files.......

Any ideas?   Can you at least point me in the right direction and push
;)
Russ

Compiling from source code

Post by Kevin O'Donova » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

You're asking how to compile a C file? (i.e. a *.c file)  Well, there may be
difficulties with Libraries and stuff depending on the source file, but the
basic command is:

cc -o <executable name> <filename>

You can leave out the -o <executable name>   if you like, and it will name
the file 'a.out' by default.  I'm not sure whether cc is a default
installation or whether you have to install the C development package.

I hope that's what you were looking for?

Kevin.

----------

>I downaloded the source code for a login program for my Road Runner
>service..... its   rrlogin.c
>I've seen the make command ..   but erverything I read about it has to
>do with *.src files....   I'm sure there will e other problems compiling
>this once I get started.... but I'm not even sure where to start. I've
>searched the newsgroups and the DOC saights and even all the
>HOWTO's...... nothing directly mentions *.c files.......

>Any ideas?   Can you at least point me in the right direction and push
>;)
>Russ

1. Compile options for IBM (compiling Apache Source Code)

Hi,

Do I need special compile options for compiling Apache code for
target OS as IBM, like "-mt" for Sun Compiler ???

Similarly What EXTRA_LIBS are required for IBM ?

Lastly, for compiling my  Integrator Shared Object , what compiler
options I
should
use for target OS of IBM ?

Thanks
harjot

2. Access Memorystick as hdc1 on Sony laptop?

3. compile Linux source code on Alpha

4. Does GNU Fortran (g77) have tape I/O utils?

5. Reg compiling of source code

6. YDL 2 install can't find media prior to install

7. Help! Cannot compile any source code!

8. Problems with pppd/chat ?

9. How to uninstall package compiled by source code?

10. Trouble compiling lilo source code

11. HELP!!! Can't compile ftp source code!!

12. Can't compile net2 source code?!?

13. compiling X source code under Linux