Looking for Quick Fix

Post by Andrew Rutherfor » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:10:59

I've just had to reinstall debian on a PPC 7200 due to hard drive
failure. Since I essentially used the machine as an xterminal, it was
dispiriting that x crashes. I'll take a look at the relevant
files, but debian used to have a perfect x configuration for my
machine. I would be very pleased to receive or see a Mac 7200-oriented
x cfg.
--
Andrew Rutherford

Looking for Quick Fix

Post by Whom » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:02:39

> I've just had to reinstall debian on a PPC 7200 due to hard drive
> failure. Since I essentially used the machine as an xterminal, it was
> dispiriting that x crashes. I'll take a look at the relevant
> files, but debian used to have a perfect x configuration for my
> machine. I would be very pleased to receive or see a Mac 7200-oriented
> x cfg.

1. Which version of XFree?
2. What do you mean by "crashes"? Kernel Panic or XFree error? If the
latter, what does "tail -n 100 /var/log/XFree86.0.log" say?
3. What does the section device of your current XF86Config say?
4. What video card do you use (cat /proc/pci)?

Looking for Quick Fix

Post by Andrew Rutherfor » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:40:05

> > I've just had to reinstall debian on a PPC 7200 due to hard drive
> > failure. Since I essentially used the machine as an xterminal, it was
> > dispiriting that x crashes. I'll take a look at the relevant
> > files, but debian used to have a perfect x configuration for my
> > machine. I would be very pleased to receive or see a Mac 7200-oriented
> > x cfg.

> 1. Which version of XFree?
> 2. What do you mean by "crashes"? Kernel Panic or XFree error? If the
> latter, what does "tail -n 100 /var/log/XFree86.0.log" say?
> 3. What does the section device of your current XF86Config say?
> 4. What video card do you use (cat /proc/pci)?

Thanks for your interest in my crazed request, but I've got it sorted now.
--
Andrew Rutherford

1. sendmail error: host name look up - where else to look for fix?

Of course, but if you wanted this, you could have said so in the first
article...  Also, please don't quote full articles, this looks very
unprofessional.

--
cheers, J"org               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/                        NIC: JW11-RIPE

2. Linux and accountability

3. Recommendation for Quick Fix of RH9 menu edit snafu

4. Staroffice 4.0 International beta ftp server ??

5. : IrDA drivers quick module fixes

6. Stallion Easy Connection

7. Terminal too wide quick fix?

8. Linux Universe ?