Linux IP Masquerade

Post by Jonathan Kota » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Just curious if anyone implemented IP Masquerade under LinuxPPC.

jonathan kotas

Linux IP Masquerade

Post by Ivan » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have.  Absolutely identical to x86 linux.  It should be -- the concept
is the same.

Chepati.

--
In GNU/Linux We Trust!
http://www.linux.com

Linux IP Masquerade

Post by Doug Ouchare » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have and it works well "most of the time".  I am currently fighting with
an issue where my Linux box will freeze when I am performing a big download
(or a graphics intensive web page) through the masquerading (i.e. my G4 in
my intranet is surfing via the LinuxPPC G3).

The Linux box is a 266Mhz G3 with 160M of RAM so it should have the guts to
handle the traffic, but it stumbles for reasons I still don't understand.
My kernel version is 2.2.14pre9 and I am using ipchains which came with that
version.

Before you look into doing this, you may want to be aware of the potential
problem.

Doug

----------

> Just curious if anyone implemented IP Masquerade under LinuxPPC.

> jonathan kotas

1. Solution for Linux IP Masquerade users to run Warftpd behind a firewall! =)

Hello everyone. =)

I would just like to share a little info with some of you who have been
asking the question "HOW do I run warftpd if I am behind a Linux IP
Masquerade box?"...  Well, after searching around I finally figured it out
(some of you more experienced Linux users might have already done this)...

Here's what you do:

1) visit http://www.ox.compsoc.net/~steve/portforwarding.html and read all
the information there and apply the ipportfw patch to your kernel source
code (that comes with Redhat 5.2).
2) recompile your kernel with the CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPORTFW option and
reboot.
3) run the ipportfw program (if you read everything on the page I told you
to go to, you'd know to compile the ipportfw.c program and run it) like
this:

ipportfw -A -t123.45.67.89/21 -R 192.168.0.2/21

Where 123.45.67.89 is your Linux box's real ip address, and 192.168.0.2 is
the internal LAN (not visible to outside world) ip of your Windows box
running the WarFTP Daemon...

That's it!  Now you'll be able to use Warftpd with it's awesome feature-set
and extreme speed increase over that slow Wu-FTPd and it's complex
configuration matters.
=================
--==update==--  The new Linux 2.2 kernel includes port forwarding in the
source code, so hopefully the next release of Redhat Linux will have this
cool utility builtin!  :)

2. Can Modem run X-win on PC?

3. linux ip masquerading problems

4. HELP: nologin doesn't work

5. Linux IP Masquerade woes

6. FOLLOWUP: Can't boot restored 5.1A on an AS4000

7. Starting Linux IP Masquerading

8. Seyon: howto CR --> NL for incoming

9. Quake 2 behind Linux IP masquerade?

10. VPN through Linux IP-Masquerade

11. Problem with Linux IP Masquerade

12. adsl pppoe with Linux ip masquerading

13. Windoze to Linux IP Masquerade Networking Problem